do any of you also have a psych dx

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rachel432, Aug 7, 2006.

1. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

was talking with another member on this board in another thread and the issue of psych diagnosises being related to fm came up. i was wondering how many of us out there also have a psych problem in addition to fm or cfs.

i was diagnoses with both bipolar and add about 3yrs befor being diagnosed with fm. i fortunatly am very well comtrolled on meds and i know i can never go off of them. i also see my shrink very regularly and we have an excellent relationship.

how many people on this board also have either bipolar, add, depression, post traumatic stess, panic attacks, anxiety disorder, or any combination of illnesses. also do you think that they are related to your fm/cfs.

i would love to here from you all!
    rachel

[This Message was Edited on 08/08/2006]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

anxiety and depression..

that's enough i think

jodie
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

This runs in my family. My shrink yrs. ago did think I might be bipolar but once I was divorced,the problem went away.LOL.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

My FFC dr thinks it's due to my hormonal imbalance and thinks I can get off Lexapro once things are in balance.
  5. suzetal

suzetal New Member

Who wouldn't with these DD and not having a full life anymore.I see my shrink every month more if needed.

Sue
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

Mine is depression (unipolar) and anxiety. I take imipramine and klonopin. Plus going to therapy.

Michelle
  7. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

At various times rapid cycling unipolar depression, psychotic depression. I'm not sure the diagnosis is totally accurate simply because chronic fatigue and major sleep deprivation can have a huge influence on mood. I think some underlying hormonal balance that has not been discovered or dealt with may be pushing all conditions.
  8. rigby

rigby New Member

I have depression, panic disorder and anxiety disorder. Sharon
  9. srollins

srollins New Member

my dx was "profound clinical depression"
    actually it was that dx that got me awarded the ssd.

shirley
  10. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hi Rachel,

I was diagnosed with depression, then later on I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar 2. I am definitely Bi-polar! LOL A year after this I was diagnosed with the FMS.

I have often wondered if I had adult ADD, but i just chalk it up to fibro fig. Besides, my hubby thinks I'm a hypochondriac.

Take care!
    "E"

Oh Yeah, I get panic attacks (anxiety) too. That started in 2003 at my job being a dispatcher.
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

DEPRESSION

POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER

SOCIAL ANXIETY
  12. lightnerbride

lightnerbride New Member

I had anxiety issues prior to FM & CFS but not nearly as severe and have depression as a result. I can't believe that living with these two conditions alone wouldn't leave anyone depressed! I am curious about medications that everyone takes. I changed from Effexor to Cymbalta 40mg for my depression (no pain decrease benefits) and probably need to go up to 60mg. I have been on clonazepam about 7 years ago as it was the only thing that seemed to control my axiety, 2mg am then 2mg afternoon and then 2mg at bed. I've been on it long enough my PCP and CFS doc are throwing a fit for me to discontinue, well I am down to 4mg total now and not looking forward to trying to go off it all together. I wonder what I will be able to take in place of it! Clonazepam had been the last ditch effort of my psychiatrist way back when.
    A
  13. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Depression, anxiety disorder and panic attacks.

Jet
  14. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have had problems and do have a reg GP and a Psych Doc

I have seen tons of Doctors

I was Dx with depression, FM/CFS and anxiety attacks IBS and other things I cant remember now

I just posted my Doc is taking me off of everything starting today. Im a little scared but I hope I get threw it til I see him on Wed next week.
    Really surprized me with this one.
  15. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

Major Depression
    Anxiety with panic attacks
    Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
  16. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

Sever Depression.
  17. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Mixed Bi-polar (means I get depressed and manic at the same time)

PTSD and anxiety (both!!!)

I think I see a pattern forming here!

God Bless.
  18. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

Chronic depression (diagnosed in 1988). Seeing social worker off and on. Taking 60 mg. Cymbalta

Anxiety (recently diagnosed). Taking .5 mg Ativan twice a day. Am beginning with psychiatrist tomorrow morning.
  19. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

I have been diagnosed with major depression and general anxiety disorder. Both disorders run in my family. I am on meds and go to therapy twice a month. I was recently approved for SSDI. I was told these conditions are related to FMS. I've suffered with the depression and anxiety since my late teens, but was only recently diagnosed. I somehow pushed myself and managed to sort of function all those years (I'm in my late 40's now) and it got to a point where I reached my breaking point and had to get help.
  20. caperkat

caperkat New Member

depression
    bipolar
    occasional panic attacks at work (today)
    anxiety

meds: Lyrica, Lamictal, Abilify, Ambien, but nothing strong enuf for the worse pain when I have it. I turn to hydocodone once or twice a week, but not a lot of relief.

Any suggestions
    A hot bath sounds good... brb.

kat