???Do any of you get small ulcers on your tongue?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CanBrit, Apr 10, 2006.

1. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Hi All:

The last several months, I keep getting small ulcers on my tongue. Painful little suckers. They seem to last a week or so then disappear. A couple of weeks later, they're back.

There's been no changes in my diet or drugs. Normal flares cropping up every now and then.

I have felt that my thryoid pills aren't quite doing the trick though. (Hypothyroid)

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Eileen
  2. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Eileen,
    It sounds like yeast. I would suggest cutting way down on sugar if you haven't already. You can get some liquid grapefruit seed extract and mix that with some water and wash your mouth out with that. Most people have a yeast problem of one sort or another.

Take care,
    K.
  3. Nikki

Nikki Member

If these are the same type of ulcers like canker sores, try Biotene toothpaste. It's for dry mouth (which a lot of us suffer from b/c of meds); most importantly, it doesn't contain all those harsh detergents, esp. no sodium lauryl sulfate which is known for causing canker sores.
    I use to use Rembrandt for Canker Sores, but this is better.

I have had canker sores since I was a teenager (I'm 60). Now, if I just start to feel a canker sore forming, it simply goes away. It's amazing to me.

The toothpast costs more than regular (about $6-7), but it's so worth it - I'd never get just one at a time (more like 3). Also, I've had shingles in my mouth - about 10 huge canker sores all on one side of my mouth and tongue. I didn't even know that could happen. ENT dx'd me.

Of course Famvir can also help once they start. That's what I was rx'd before the Biotene (no rx needed - you can find it at CVS - I'm sure other pharmacys, too. Can't find at WD).

Good Luck!
    Hugs,
    Nikki
  4. skierchik

skierchik New Member

I have gotten them for years. They are so painful. It is a type of herpes virus. I take L-Lysine when I start to get one. It does help. I might have to look for that toothepaste too.

I, too have Hashimotos. Isn't it difficult to get a hold of??

skierchik