Do any of you have a reaccuring dream?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sheila1366, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

I have nightmares ever time I dream.Honestly, all my dreams are bad.Stephen King looks like a nursey rythme writer compared to the horrific things I see when I sleep.

I have a dream that happens alot.The dream is always about us getting a new house(could be one of my children,both,husband,or someone I just don't know, it changes)

I am in the dream but watching it.I never see myself.

Well these house at first are so beautiful and we are so happy to have a nice house.

But very soon after going in the house it turns into a haunted house with alot of very scarey images.

These images are the scariest visions I have ever seen.You wouldn't believe how violent they are.

I wish I knew someone that get interpret my dreams.

Just a few nights ago I had 2 dreams in a row that my teeth were bown out and the next night I dreamed my teeth were rotting out and just falling out.

I do have to say I have had some nice dreams.Very few. They are always with someone that has died.It is vey peaceful and quiet in the dream.

Ok, tell me your dreams.

Sheila
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

maybe your meds are giving you those dreams?
    When I first took melatonin I had some wild dreams.
    I always dream that my teeth are falling out, or that I have lost my car ( or that it is stolen).
    I also dream that I am still in school and hating it.
    Whose knows what those mean?:)
    I feel like I dream all night.
    I have a hard time sleeping as it is, feeling like I'm constantly dreaming leaves me waking up exhausted!
    Here's to sweet dreams tonight.:)
    Claudia
  3. mariee

mariee Member

I had horrid nightmares and thought it was FM related.
    I asked my doc if I could lower meds at night...and after a few tries we found the Doxepin dose was too high.
    I went fr. 25 mg. to 10 mg. and my nightmares are gone.

I do dream often (almost nightly) about teaching. I loved my job and my illness took me out of my job literally overnight. Still grieving over the loss.

Mariee
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Sheila,
    Wow! You are really having some wild dreams.

I almost never remember my dreams, except for two kinds. One is a repetitive dream, and another is a warning dream.

As a child I lived in San Franciscok, and our car was aloways stalling when gooing up a steep hill, and would slide backwards.. I used to have nightmares about that - sliding backwards down a steep hill - even to my 50"th year. Then one night,in my dream, as I was approaching the hill, I just turned around, and didnm't go up. I never had that scary dream again. I dont know what triggered it,or how my subconscious decided to solve the problem, but at least it was gone.

Then, when I am overextending, I have dreams of careening down a steep and curvy hill, out of control. I take that as a warning from my subconscious, that I am doing too much, and I slow down.

Carl Yung said, I believe, that a house represents us, and a car represents our body (or maybe the other way around). I use his symbolism. I hope this helps you, so your nightmares will stop.

Good luck,
    Terry
  5. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

i have a couple dreams that keep reacurring.

One of which is a nice house to, then it turns dark & scary, so DETAILED too, then there ends up being these scarey as hecklooking man spirit, hes mean, and i can actually feel my skin crawl, it's eery, to the core! Then there turns out to be so many rooms, OMG, i hope i don't have ittonight! I get so scared, and wake up, but after i had to go threw the horror of it, sometimes he's trying to take my small kids.That really hurts me. I wake up shaking wildly, then i wake up my husband, i have to or i can't go back to sleep, he helps me get my mind off of it, but the next morning when i wake, i remember everything , details & the feeling i had inside the dream.

There are some other dreams that one of my babies gets killed, i wake up screaming and crying, with REAL WET tears and everything. Then i get real angry at myself, i think why am "I" having these damn dreams that hurt me so mad in my heart? .. my dreams truely screw me up. I can't stand these detailed dreams, i can draw pictures of it all, but i don't want to.

My DH tells me i can make a horror movie out of them,or a book, that i should try, cuase i'll make money off of it, it really has some storyline to it to, i'd rather it all just go away!

Don't want anymore dreams! Sometimes i have good dreams, i've had a dream before where i wake myself up from LAUGHING! Now thats more like it, but then i feel silly.

take care
  6. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Sheila,

I have thought about this... and dreams like you are speaking of I have had.

It was when I was TRYING to take antidepressants.

I just could not take them because that was was one of the symptoms.

I am sure that it only happens to a few of us....but it sure happened to me.

It was HORRIBLE! It felt evil...is the only way that I can describe it. I guess that is just the way my mind responded to the meds.

I felt like I never needed the antidepressants anyway...because the only time I am depressed is when I am in so much pain. I just gave up.

So I will take my chances without them.

Antidepressants are great for many people that I know...and they never have bad symptoms....and it greatly helps them.

I do have a reacurring dream of driving into the water. Many different types of being under the water. I read that it is the subconscious telling you that you are unsure... or feeling of being out of control.

Elliespad...I have dreamed the broken teeth dream too!! It is so REAL!! I wake up scared that my teeth are gone!!

I hate the one were I dream that I am stumbling from high place or falling off of the bed. I wake up with a racing heart! It is so real!
  7. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

Been alot of stuff going on with my sister and her psycho husband and not to mention my own family life.

I have chewed out everyone that I would like to chew out in real life.It feels good.

Except one dreams I had a few months ago regarding my sisters 2 sons.There dad is very abusive and I have reported him several times for abuse.Long story.

But one dream I was begging my nephews not to go with their dad.They went with him anyway and I was so scared for them.Then in the dream I am at an emergency room entrance and an ambulance pulls up.

They wheel out to beds and on both of them there layed a body covered.In my heart I knew that is was my nephews.

I begged and pleaded with their dad not to hurt the boys but it was too late ,they were dead.

Man, I got that morning told my husband and cried like a baby.

That by far has been one of the worst dreams I have ever had.

I have had bad dreams for as long as I can remember.

Even as a child I would dream of people that had died.They would always come to me in a dream,never speaking but so peacful.Those are the only good dreams I have.

I also have a dream often about being back in school and I can't remember my locker combination.That happens alot.And in the dream I am so worried and afraid I will get in trouble.I never get the locker opened.

8. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

My reaccuring dream is that I have to go to the bathroom and I look all over for one. When I finally find one its real dirty and the stalls are like a maze so I wander around trying to find one that is clean.
    Also, some of them don't have doors so its real hard to find any privacy.

My sister and my mother dream the same thing yet we don't remember anything like that in our past.

Sandy
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I had a similar one about the potty last night! I woke and really needed to go! Glad that I woke up!!!
  10. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I wish you a better nights sleep sweetie. I gotta go for the night.

Sweet dreams....Mari

11. marilynb

marilynb New Member

I too have had very weird, scary vivid dreams. I used to dream that I was being chased. Almost everynight, I would dream that I was being chased by lions, tigers, even people. I was always trying to get away from something or someone. They were so bad, I would cry out at night, so they would also disturb my husband. I would either cry in my sleep or scream or yell something like "somebody help me" Sometime I would not even remember I dreamed, but my husband would tell me I had a bad night.

I would also have Stephen King like movie/dreams. I even journaled some, because I too, thought maybe I could write a book or make a movie. I had a lot of water dreams too.

I have not had dreams about the teeth thing, yet...
    I was having a problem recently where I would (while I was sleeping) bite down very hard on my tongue or mouth or gums or teeth. It would wake me up & I would have a mouth full of blood! I have also chipped a lot of my teeth by doing this. These episode have stopped, finally. I think it may have something to do with Trazadone. I was taking that, so I could get some good sleep without having those horrible dreams, & it was working great & then all of the sudden the teeth thing started happening, so I went off the Trazadone. Now I just take Xanax & so far I'm doing ok. I do have some occasional weird dreams, but not near as bad as before.
  12. Emeraulde

Emeraulde New Member

First time here and I'm replying to THIS message...silly me!

My recurring dream is nothing like all of yours. Except I think I remember the teeth one once or twice. Wierd!

My recurring dream is...well, let me try to be really G rated...that I'm in the middle of something (if you get my drift) either with hubby, someone else, alone, whatever. And just before I finish, I'm interrupted. Someone walks in, someone calls on the phone, I have to get up and move, something wierd. I've had this dream for years. Isn't that just the strangest thing??

I'll post a hello now that I've completely embarassed myself!
  13. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

is having a pet and realizing that I have forgotten to feed and care for it. It's locked up in the basement and starving for I don't remember how long. I don't have the dream very often, but hurting an animal unintentionaly or through neglect is a subject that keeps comming back for me.

My other recurring dream is that I'm in school, and my body stops working. I don't understand the questions, can't do the work, get lost and confused, or just plan fall on the floor with exhaustion.
  14. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

One dream is that I am back in school again and having to go through kindergarden through high school, but I'm doing it at my old elementary school. So that is 24 years of education for regular school. I don't remember why I have to do this but I'm made to go through school again. I always hated school.

Then I have dreams of being in our old home and knowing this home I am in now is waiting for us and yet we have to stay at the old one for a time and I don't know why.

Then I have a dream of seeing this fantastic house that I really want to live in and it has tons of rooms and big ones in it. I want it so badly but know we can't afford it. I keep dreaming about that special house.

I also have a dream that I'm working again and terrible things happen and I'm always struggling with people and the work.

I don't know why I have these, but a lot of mine are recurrent dreams.

Hugs,
    Faye