Do any of you have nausea and extreme weakness at the same time?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tngirl, Nov 7, 2005.

1. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I get really hot and sick to my stomach. I can barely walk and feel like I will pass out. I have extreme exhaustion with this too.

I don't like to take phenerghan.

I have a lot of gastrointestinal problems. I also have ibs and gerd.

I wonder if it is a food allergy. I can't figure out what triggers it.
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

tngirl ... I do have that happen to be on occassion .. some times in the morning or later if I tried for a nap .. one of the doctors thought it was becuase of low cortisol levels .. but I still don't have an answer for what causes it .. it hasn't happened in a while now .. but I know how miserable you must have felt. Ask your doctor specifically about it !
    Good Luck Fudge : )
  3. badluck

badluck New Member

This happens to me all the time. I feel "normal" one minute and the next it is like someone opened a tap and I can feel the energy drain out, leaving me weak and shaking and sick. This usually happens around lunchtime or suppertime and takes me completely by surprise-no warning at all. I don't know what it is and can't tell you how to stop it, but thought I'd say "you're not alone".
  4. tngirl

tngirl New Member

It does help to know I am not alone. Now if I could figure out how to stop it.

I have some degree of nausea a lot. Doctors haven't figured out why.

But the extreme episodes I asked about are just horrible. I can't function at all.

I had one at work today and went and laid down in the car with the air on for awhile. Thought I was better and then ended up having to leave.

They absolutely incapacitate me.
  5. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

but every once ina while i get hot a nausiated and feel like i might pass out. i have no idea what causes it
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

that I've overdone things.Just like you my body stops write in it's tracks.For me lying down and resting is the only solution.Hope this helps.Linda
  7. lease79

lease79 New Member

I get nauseated, hot, dizzy & my mouth 'runs' with saliva. Makes me feel absolutely darn awful :(
  8. vp

vp New Member

I asked this question a while ago, but didn't describe it the same way. I get extremely hot, nautious, weak, and dizzy, and very shaky, out of nowhere. Scary feeling, especially when it happens in a public place.

Hope we can find an answer.

Valerie
  9. seaturtle47

seaturtle47 New Member

Hello,

I am new here, have been reading but not posting. This is a great board!
    This post caught my eye. Soiunds as if it might be functional hypoglycemia. I'm not sure, but eating some protein w/wholegrain carb is worth a try.
    I have these periods, too, and find that the only thing I can do is go to bed until they pass.

Seaturtle
  10. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

Usuallly when I don't have enough food in my stomach, and I stand for a little while too long. But it also happens when I am sitting sometimes. After I eat I feel better. Not sure if yours is caused by something similar or altogether different. I hate the fibro. Sometimes seems as though there is no end to our symptoms... :(

Anyway, I just wanted to say I have it too and you are not alone.

Take care,

Jessica
  11. chopindog

chopindog New Member

Hi, I actually wrote along reply trying to explain what I think may be going on with all of you, but sadly my computer decided to disconnect from the internet and I lost the whole thing! Do to brain fog I can't re-write the whole thing so Ill say this. I have all of these same things happen to me, and I know how horrible it feels! There is research out there that has found that those with CFIDS have problems with very low blood pressure when standing or sitting. I think this may be whats happening to you all. You can go to the top of the page and put neurally mediated hypotension in the search bar. You will find information about this problem from others who have it here! Hope it is helpfull!Also I found a great article about it at http://cfids-cab.org/cfs-inform/Coitreatment/rowe.calkins98.txt
  12. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I have occasionally had bouts of weakness, that come over me within a couple of minutes, and I feel particularly week in the knees.

I instinctively felt that this was a drop in blood suger, and eating sweets, or something with high refined sugar, got me over these weak spells very quickly.

In general, I stick to a healthy diet, to try to avoid this from reacuring.
  13. elsa

elsa New Member

I'd vote for hypoglacimia. My sister is hypo and the longer she goes without eating the worse she feels. Weak, shakey, "dim witted", hot and cold, dizzy, feels like blacking out and if it's really bad, nausea. Have you had a glucose and insulin fasting blood test lately? It might be worth looking into.

My sister does well by eating a little something about every four hours ... protein is good. If she feels an "attack" coming on, she takes in some form of sugar ... for her O.J. is best. The longer she goes without eating the harder it is for her to eat. O.J. has lots of sugar and starts absorbing in the tongue, so she feels the effects that much sooner.

Good luck with this ... Let us know how things go, especially if you get a blood test.

Elsa
  14. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Even though I've known I have this, I'll forget to eat every couple of hours, and all of a sudden these symptoms will hit me. It's like a group of them......as you described.

This can also happen if I "overdo"........if I didn't get enough sleep (ha!), or if I've eaten something I'm allergic to. Also, if I'm too "acidic" (too much protein).

Once you figure out what your "triggers" are; then you can put together some helper tools.

e.g. if "hypo", eating more frequently; if food allergies, avoid them; take digestive enzymes in case you're having difficulty digesting; l/2 tsp baking soda in water if you're "acidic" and DGL (without sugar) is a great one.......it's licorice. Recently got licorice extract which helps both depression & nausea, as they can go together.

Sorry, too much information!!

LIGHT***********carole