Do any of you have trouble sleeping, even with sleep meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Feb 13, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

The last couple of nights I have been taking my lorazepam 1 mg and still toss and turn after a couple of hours.

GBHope
  2. chickabee

chickabee New Member

I've had trouble sleeping for quite awhile. Toss and turn

most nights. Take 25mg. of Elavil at bedtime. Some nights

I can go right back to sleep, other nights I am up all

night. How long have you been taking the lorazepam? Maybe

need a stronger dose? Different medication? Sometimes my

mind just doesn't stop and that keeps me from not sleeping

well. nanc
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

I've only been taking it for about three weeks. The last couple of days I've been more stressed out. Maybe that is it.

GBHope
  4. chickabee

chickabee New Member

Stress does make if more difficult to have a good nights

sleep. That might be the problem.. good luck. If it keeps

up for a longer length of time, have a talk with you Dr.

about it. nanc
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Good morning GBHope I toss and turn and can't sleep too. Last night I started 5 HTP 1 200mg before bedtime. Wow I sleep like a baby straight through from 11:30 till 7:30 in the morning (no tossing and turning):) Usually I'm up at 5 in the morning and just get up.

I'm lazy and I'm copying Ellispad.lol I'm not on any meds.from the doctors.
  6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I havent slept right through in over 20 years, not one night.

I've tried all sorts of meds and they have all had side effects I couldnt cope with, some even kept me wider awake.

I now take 3mg melatonin and an antihistamine and although it doesnt make me sleep right through I have some better nights.

love
    Rosie
  7. limbo

limbo Member

Dee50 what is 5HTP l? I'm trying to improve my sleep, it is my biggest problem take Remeron and klonpin and wake up tired. Also what is Ellispad? I'm so tired being tired, there are times this is very hard and this is one of them.

Limbo
    [This Message was Edited on 02/15/2006]
  8. weencie

weencie New Member

I take 50mg of pamelor-for depression, chronic pain and imsomnia plus 2mg klonipin each nightfor imsomnia/restless legs. This worked for about six months, after the last visit to my doc in December he added 6.25 mg of ambien cr for the nights that I can not get to sleep. Took all three Sunday night- starting with the pamelor/klonipin at 8:00as always, then at 11:00 broke down and took the ambien cr, still did not get to sleep until well after 1:00, then tossed and turned until 7:30 Monday am. I don't have many options left. I don't take naps because this makes things even worse. If someone knows of any suggestions, please let me know. I feel like a zombie the days I have to work- Thanks!!!
  9. pattigaul

pattigaul New Member

I take 10 mg. of ambien and 25 mg. elival and sleep like great. I have to take both, though. I have tried just one or the other and always go back to taking both.

[ advertisement ]