Do any of you have trouble with bruising easily?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, Aug 22, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

It's my hands and feet mostly but it seems as though in a vien issue. My doctor tried to get a neuro. to see my but the neuro. refused because he had read in the chart the I have problems with anxiety. However the problem is getting worse and it looks horrible. Anyone have the same problem?
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I have cycles with intense bruising on my arms and legs. It happens when I have the most intense pain in those areas. At those times I look as if I have been beaten.
  3. gnanny

gnanny New Member

I have always bruised easily. However I bruise even easier when I take aspirin or advil.

Just a thought
  4. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

My doc said my veins are close to the surface and thus I bruise more easily. People are always asking what happened to me and it could be a bruise from simply touching my arm or leg. I have a friend with Fibro as well and she has the same problem with bruising...I guess just part of the package. How lucky are we!!!
  5. BEARANDBUGSMOM

BEARANDBUGSMOM New Member

I just read that in a fibro book recently.

Blessings,
    Kelly
  6. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm in the Club too!! It could be my liver problem
    and my most capable young Doc isn't concerned so I'm
    not as it has been happening for years. "Old" folks seem
    to have this condition alot, but I know that doesn't
    pertain to me (for a few more months). My Dad had that
    problem for many years before his death at 87!! I "ain't"
    gonna worry.

Have a good day,
    MRDAD
  7. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

If you take these regularly it causes you to bruise easily, it thins your blood. I have noticed this while taking hydrocortizone.
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Daylight,

I think I have almost always bruised fairly easily, which, as someone else mentioned, was probably due to my blood vessels being close to the skin. My mother also had the same problem when she was alive.

Of course this DD is not a big help nor is my having to take a shot daily for my osteoporosis. My thighs are black and blue alot of the time

I guess I cannot win.

Blessings and soft hugs,

That granni Marilyn
  9. aenimus

aenimus New Member

hello - new here but have a thought ...
    Some SSRI's can cause unexplained bruising however this is relatively rare.
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

I bruise easily. If I barely bump a spot, I will get a bruise. Sometimes they just appear and I don't know where they even come from.

Kriket
  11. MsE

MsE New Member

I have very fair skin as I am/was a redhead. However, since CFS bruising seems to be even more of a problem.
  12. daylight

daylight New Member

It's seem like I'm not the only one . Maybe if I bruise enough I'll look like I have some color to my skin instead of this pasty white.lol
  13. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I didn't realize it had something to do with fibro. My brother asked me about it today because my legs are pretty much covered with them.

It feels awful doesn't it. It's like people are looking at you like you've been beaten.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  14. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I was having that for about 3 years while I suspected I was hypo but could not get anyone to help me because I kept testing in the "normal" but low normal range. I would barely get bumped and have a huge bruise.

After finally getting on armour for my thyroid the bruising stopped. Found a low thyroid symptom list once that had bruising as a side effect. I had no idea that was one.

During that time my DH would see all the bruises on my legs and such and ask me what in the world I was doing to myself and I could never remember what I had ran into that had caused it. I now know that it took such a minor bump to do it that I was not even aware when it was happening.

Deb
  15. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I dont bruise as easy as I scar.A little scratch can look like I had a deep cut.

Take Care!
    Jordane
  16. Engel

Engel New Member

and seldom remember bumping into anything to cause it. Been that way for years.
  17. momof471

momof471 New Member

I've been that way. I remember I always got yelled at cause I didn't know where a certain bruise came from. I'm still like that today.

God Bless