Do any of you mess up your tv set when walking by it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DavidTeer, Jun 9, 2003.

1. DavidTeer

DavidTeer New Member

Hi. I am wondering if any of you cause your tv or phone to act up as you walk by it.
    Gee has walked by our tv and it comes on. also sometimes if she answers the phone it will act up.
    She also gets these electrical shocks all the time.
    Can anyone relate to this problem?
    Thanks Dave and Gee
  2. jeniwren

jeniwren New Member

Hi,

For as long as I can remember I've been giving off static electricity. I get (& give) shocks when I touch the cat!!, when I climb out of the car, when I'm on an escalator, and lots of other situations.

When we have moved and the tv has needed some fine tuning I don't go near it as I interfere with it. If I walk past them (we have 5 tv's in the house) I interfere with the signal. This also happens in shops and at other people's houses. I cannot use an analogue telephone as I interfere with the signal and all you get is a load of noise.

I prefer to wear only natural fiber clothing as it reduces the amount of static build-up. Pure cotton and wool are the best.

Have a great day...Jeni
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

That happens to me all the time. I can also get shocked by a perfectly normal electrical outlet.

As for the jewelry, like Aquarose said, I turn it black on my body.

It does not happen all the time, mostly if I am under stress, or in a flare.

I went to a wake, well I had my rings on, when we left we went to eat, I was so shocked, when I saw my hands in the light in the restaurant, all my fingers were black around the rings.

Watches will stop on my arm, unless it has one of those shock proof backs on it. I have a gorgeous 14k heavy gold watch with a 1 1/2" weave band that I can only wear when I am totally calm! Crazy.....

I only wear silver where it does not touch my skin. It will turn black in a couple of hours.

I think I read about it being related to FM in Devin
    Starlanyl's books.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. kgg

kgg New Member

I had him tested by a naturopath for electromagnetic senitivity. I wasn't surprised that he was positive. He was instructed to keep magnets in his pockets and set up in front of his computer. It sounds like voodoo when you discuss this, but I saw the testing and he really did react when he was exposed to a video game and a cell phone.
  5. athome

athome New Member

FOR POSTING THIS. I THOT I WAS YTHE ONLY ONE. DON'T EVEN TALK TO MOST FOLKS ABOUT IT.

WHEN I WAS FIRST SO ILL I COLLAPSED TOTALLY, I SET THE ALARM CLOCK OFF EVERY MORNING AT 2:30.

MESSED UP LIGHTS, TV'S,ELEC BLANKETS.
    ALSO WATERBED HEATERS.

WE DISCOVERED I WAS EXTREMELY SENSITIVE TO THE COMPUTER. 20 MINUTES IN FRONT OF ONE CAN WIPE ME OUT FOR DEVERAL DAYS. ( I USE WEBTV---AND HE TV IS WAAAY ACROSS THE ROOM.)

HAVE RUINED EXPENSIVE WATCHES ALL MY LIFE. ONLY TIMEX CHEAPIES HAVE A CHANCE WITH ME.

ALWAYS GOT THE MOST TERRIFIC SHOCKS AS A CHILD, SO AM EXTREMELY CAREFUL NOW.

I DON'T USE ANY ELECTRIC BLANKETS. GOLD MAKES ME BREAK OUT LIKE POISON IVY. WHEN I DO SLEEP IN THE KIDS WATERBED---RARELY DUE TO NAUSEA---I USE A 2" THICK FOAM PAD FOR INSULATION AND TO BUFFER THE WAVES.

AREN'T WE "SHOCKING?" NANA
  6. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I have always gotten electric shocks. I used to think it
    was from walking on carpets, but now it happens
    on wood floors. I don't stop clocks or turn tv's on
    and off though!

Funny, I just got up to lower my air conditioner and
    when I walked past the TV, the reception got fuzzy.
    I thought it was the AC. I turned it off and when
    I walked past the TV again the reception got fuzzy.

I am allergic to nickel to buy jewelry that is nickel
    free. Just wearing a watchband with that little
    metal piece at the buckle gives me rashes.

Lynn
  7. AC77

AC77 New Member

Some of us ---now I am going to get controversial. Have a certain electrical charge. We can drain watch batteries by wearing them, lights flicker, etc... Often people like this are of high psychic ability or prone to paranormal experience. I would assist you in stating how you could diffuse this. but I think it is beyond the scope of this chat
  8. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I have had this happen to me so much, I just thought I was weird, (ok I am), till I got the Book by Dr. Devin Starlanyl, she talk's about it in chapter 28, and you might find some infor on her website. just type her name in the Search Engine, I use google the most.

My hubby explained the Techinal side to me, he works on Copier's and Fax machine's, and he didn't believe me at first that I was causing the problem. We did some test's one day, when I was really Wired, lol.

I also give him Shocking Kisses, ;o>

Have you ever been bothered by the fluorescent lighting? I have to wear my Darkglasses inside any place that has them. Even the Buzzing get's me.

Hubby say's we are like Magnet's, something in our System is off, he was saying he thought it was a Neuro problem, and just glancing over Devin's writting's she say's about the same thing, that it's thought to be a Neurotransmitter action.

All I know is that I stop Watches, Business Machines have always given me trouble, as far back as High School.
    I finally conqured the Adding Machine and Teleatype, when I worked at the Phone Company, but then there were a lot of peolpe there too, so I think they Soaked up some of the Electricty I give off.

Do the Storm's, Wire you? they do me, sometimes that's good and at other's down right lousy. I stay off the Phone, the Computer and turn off the TV. I have radio's with batterie's, but I still get Parnoid about them.

When you fill up the Gas tank, be sure to touch some metal part on the Car first, sparks can fly from us, and cause Fire. It can happen to a lot of Folks, (Normals?), but for us, it's a bigger Problem.

Ok yacked enough, sorry, but this is one of the subject's that I don;t mind talking about over and over, lol, there are usually some good Stories about people shutting things down.

We are so much Fun.

sharon
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2003]
  9. James

James Guest

Actually tv's as they get older have parts start to give a bit, the disruption and vibrations cause by walking cause some worn parts to vibrate and cause interference with the picture. If your tv has an antenna like your radio, as you walk by them you are just blocking the signal from reaching your appliance. It is just like driving through the mountains or a tunnel and temporarily getting static on radio stations. The cause is just a blocked signal.
  10. bwoodruff

bwoodruff New Member

I turn off street lights all the time. My mom and husband have both mentioned it. We'll just be walking by (obviously at night) and a street light will go out. It's happened in many different places, so it's not just one specific lamp or lamps in our neighborhood - were talking multiple cities, multiple states!

I also have the jewelry thing happen - it happens a lot when my iron gets low. I've never known anybody else that has it happen!
  11. pinkerton

pinkerton New Member

I've been this way my whole life and find it interesting that so many others here have the same. Glad we can all share this together but I agree with ac77 there is more going on here with some of us.
  12. marta

marta New Member

How interesting this is! For years I can't keep an electric lamp for more than a year without it going on the fritz. My family kids me about it. I have many used-to-be-3-way-but-no-more lamps in my house, some of them expensive, some cheap - makes no difference. I burn them all out.

I wonder why? Does anyone have more info on this?

Marta
  13. srollins

srollins New Member

Is this a medical issue? Sounds more like a chit chat issue!
    Sorry just voiceing my humble opinion!

srollins
  14. NATUREGIRL

NATUREGIRL New Member

I was watching something on tv the other night about this stuff called coral calcium that is for persons who need to get their systems more alkaline because it is too acidic. They say if more people took this stuff they would not have some of these illnesses like we have, and also parkinsons disease.
    Just a thought. Hummm, maybe we're on to something here.

Suzanne
  15. donna13210

donna13210 Member

I turn off streetlights, also! It's eery, isn't it?

Sometimes I can go long periods with no blackouts, though. I will have to make note of what kind of mood I am in when they turn off. I don't understand why I sometimes do and sometimes don't. Do you?

I never connected my cordless phone problems with this. I always thought I kept buying phones that "didn't work", as someone else said.

This is too wierd!
  16. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

all my life I have messed up reception on tv's, radios etc.

at work people get mad because the battery opperated head sets buzz and hiss static the second I walk in the room.
    it is like that ALL night.
    it is NEVER a p roblem any other time.(when I'm not there)

I recall recption problems since I was a tiny little kid.
    my husband has commented that he can taste something metalic in my kisses etc.

if I lick my fillings it tastes metalic to me.

watches never lasted more than a few months with me.
    I figured I was just too cheap to buy quality watches.

I can ONLY wear solid gold. 14K minimum.
    everything else gives me one heck of a rash.

if any of you have the new computer screens that are LED... don't actually TOUCH it, which will give it that weird swirly look, but just touch NEAR it, almost touching it...
    we went to buy a new monitor last week, and i reached TOWARDS it. and the screen did this warp thing.

kind of like when you degause a screen, but all swirly, as if I poked it.

my dh TOUCHED the screen and it did it a little bit in the spot he touched. my son did it too. (touched).
    but I ONLY reached towards it.

the sales guy looked at me like I was evil.

I guess I should carry my bible with me so people will know I'm NOT. :)

someone mentioned "psychic" abilities.
    Now, I don't really buy into all that too much.
    BUT I definately do believe that some of us are more "in tune" with certain things.
    I also think this magnetic/electrical "phenominon" is extremely interesting.

Find a physicist to discuss it with. very interesting.
    Unfortunately with fibro fog I don't recalle the info I was given in connection with physics. BUT It was interesting. LOL :) ( I realize I sound like an IDIOT now).

Hmm, I wonder if this is why in high school I was such a dork magnet?
    If ANYONE finds web sites , info ETC on this topic PLEASE post it.

I think I'll contact Scully and Mulder at the x files on this one. :)

Jbear
  17. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

amasciDOT you know what SLASH weird SLASH unusual SLASH zap DOT html

gosh I hope this does't get me in trouble.
    you know you need the W's in front. and one C O M

SOrry if I broke any rules, but I think this info is VERY important.

electro-magnetic humans phenominon
    THis is what I typed in to the search engine. I used the search at msn home page.

there are lots of links there. hope this gives us some answers.
    jbear
  18. kaths

kaths New Member

I kept making the DSL go down on the main computer. Now I use a laptop and only affect its Internet reception, and the rest of my family is happy to continue to get reception on their computers. It's also great to use the laptop outside, in bed and on the couch.

I don't seem to affect our TV's digital cable now as much as I did the regular cable. The cable guy knows our address well. Also the shower radio works much better and gets stations from two states away when I get near it. My husband has trouble getting local radio reception.

I can only wear 24 carat gold and kinetic watches because lesser quality gold makes my body itch and turn black, and because I fry quartz watch batteries within a week. I've found that Simply Whispers earrings don't bother me; they're high quality gold overlaid on stainless steel.

In the university's new Communication Building, the computer lab I teach in has an audio/video closet hooked up to a ceiling projector. Also what's on my computer screen can be projected on an 8-foot screen. It's an incredible teaching tool. However, the remote that operates the ceiling projector, DVD, VHS and audio doesn't like me. I've replaced the batteries five times per semester so far. No other professor has a problem with it.

I have some mild psychic abilities. Eight out of 10 times I know who's calling on the phone. I knew each time my sisters on the East Coast went into labor. This week, I became dizzy and hyperventilated in California at the same time my dad had a stroke in Florida. Until my mother called with the news, I thought I had had an anxiety attack -- a new thing for me. Sometimes I can visualize the street addresses of people when I first meet them.

Weird, huh?

Kathy
  19. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

This topic is important to me...
    It's nice to know I'm not a FREAK!
    and to know that there are "normal" people who experience these things... not just X files.

please, if you have anything to add on this subject. please do so, It's always nice to be affirmed.

Jbear
  20. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

Gosh folks, I was REALLY hoping to hear from more of you, or get more details about this subject...

I was thinking about it last night, and I recall an old post about the jukebox in people's heads.

I wonder if there is a correlation???

But I fear most Drs. would send us straight to a shrink if we told them this info.
    I discussed it with my dad years ago. (he's a nuclear engineer) he told me that he can't wear analog watches, and messes up reception too. But that with his knowledge of physics and electrical current, he was able to explain some of it to me...

of course, I can vaguely remember a conversation from 10 + years ago. :)

jbear