Do any of you run a low grade fever with FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by littlebrownwren, Sep 27, 2005.

1. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Went to my family doctor again yesterday. He was surprized to see me again so soon as I was just there 3 weeks ago. I rarely see him, only for colds and etc.
    I went back for the same reason I did before, "EXTREME FATIGUE'
    Those 2 word have been on me lately like a death cloud.

He ask the usual questions and took about 5 vials of blood.

Actually the main reason for going was I discovered I have been running a low grade fever for weeks.
    I had been commenting to those around me that I had goosebumps but my skin felt cold.
    I was really wiped out on Sunday and was chilling yet again but my skin was cool. I took tylenol and lay down. I slept for about 2 hrs. I felt better when I got up but abt 2 hrs later I was goosebumping again so I finally had sense enough to take my temp. It was 100.2. No big deal, but it was above norm.
    So my brain tells me "oh good,that means infection, thats treatable" I can get antibiotics and feel better.
    Well all the bloodwork came back wonderful{their words} except for the rheum arthritis.
    Also I was told that some people with fibro do run low grade fevers.
    So , do any of you do this?
  2. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

so you aren't alone. I normally run at least a couple degrees higher than normal.

Jen
  3. DesertSnow

DesertSnow New Member

I often have a low grade fever. Before I was diagnosed I'd got to the school nurse, she'd take my temperature, and I'd often have a low grade fever. That was one of the first symptoms that indicated I had something wrong with me and it wasn't in my head.
  4. fificat

fificat New Member

I recently changed dr.s and went in so he could give me a check up on my FM and give me some meds some you know the nurse comes in thats my blood pressure and temp and looks at me and says ... do you have a soar thoart cough or anything, I was like no why? Then she told me that I had a temp of 100.3 and that I must be coming down with something... that was a week ago and still no cold. But the doc says that it is normal for people with FM to have a temp especially when they are having a flare.. So I guess its pretty common. But I never knew that I ran a temp like that. That was news to me. But just to let you know ... your not the only one.. but I guess being here you know that already...=)

Sharlie
  5. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hello there! You are definately not alone. I run fevers 99-100.4. The past few weeks I have been getting these fevers again. They come and go. In the first few years, of being ill, I ran a fever for over 1 year straight. It is very common among us! For myeself, this does not mean I have an infection. Just another 'strange' symptom of this illness. I find taking some Ibuprofen or Tylenol helps it go down. (tip-just don't take Ibuprofen too often, high does can cause stomach problems/ulcers) Also, have you gotten checked for a sinus infection? You can have one of those, and hardly even know it, except for fevers and feeling crummy. I can tell you for experience on that! Ask your doctor to check up your nostrils! I have CFS/FMS. Anyway, feel better soon, and REST and pace yourself. Hugs..DOVE
  6. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

... another question I was going to ask ... check that off my list ! haha
    Glad to hear this is a "common" symptom ... I was wondering as well .. thanks !
  7. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I run a low grade fever alot. And it can make you feel like Crap. It seems it comes with the territory. Believe me I seem to learn more and more what comes with this Dx.
  8. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

My personal "normal" temp is about 97.7 instead of 98.6. I've noticed that if I run between 98.6 and 99.00 I feel feverish even if not considered a "fever". Weired huh?
  9. sues1

sues1 New Member

Most likely you also have CFIDS, chronic fatigue. They usually go together with Fibro. Low grade fever, sore throats that swabs come back normal, etc.

I've had both for quite a number of years. Warm salt water used as a gargle does help for sore throats.
  10. Elizzbusy

Elizzbusy New Member

I use to have a low grade fever when I had fibro and chronic fatigue symdrome but since I have changed my diet the chronic fatigue symdrome went and the fever but the fibro still remains but not as bad - I can walk for 40 minutes a day 3 times a week - I still don't reach that deep sleep though. I mainly eat fruit and veg and fish but no sweets or tea, coffee - oh and alot of water as I think I got this disease by too much poison in the food eg. additives etc. Anything that has been processed I don't buy. When I was ill and the doctors did not know what was wrong with me it took them 2 years to give me a diagnosis and while I was under investigation I gave up - I just never eat any food and lived on water and organic apples - thats how ill I was especially with the constant fever.

I am alot better now and still improving. At the moment I am trying this drug called Amtrose - has anyone heard of it?
  11. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

low grade fever here also. for YEARS! between 99.4 and 100.3. every single day! new doc has put me on prednisone to see if it helps, only been on 3 of the 21 days, but no change yet.

fibro and cfs here. i think the fever is more related to cfs from what i've read here.

warmly, (pun intended!)

maggie
  12. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

I have always run a low grade fever for as long as I can remember. It does go along with having FM and RA, both which I have. It is totally normal to have this. Take Care and good luck, and I hope you feel better. Recovering from Hurrican Katrina in New Orleans, I remain Cookie 3