Do bugs make you crazy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

First it was ants, now the earwigs--not sure if they have a home instead my apt or if they are coming "visiting" from the outside. They crawl on my legs and I really think they have been munching on me too.

My legs are a horrid mess from various things biting me and then I scratch too much. Some of these sores might be infected too--or maybe they are just red.

And then we can't forget the mosquitoes either.

Any ideas???
  2. hi all,

well i feel that because im a migraine sufferer,that i can sense the movement of my body hairs,especially on my back.

my body senses are very hightened.

these daily feelings would make me go crazy if i let it,as the only relief from the feelings of movement,are to lay down on my back,then the feelings stop.

i know that if im bitten by fleas,or spiders,i get a sort of paralisis in the limb that was bitten,and it lasts for one week,its terrible as i wont be able to walk very well,and need my walking stick to do so,as ill be off muscles will go stiff too.

ive started taking a allergy tablet called LORATADINE 10 MG.

iv been on it two weeks i think.its a one a day tablet.

this has stopped any arm itching, and red blotches.

its for people who have sensitivities to mold spores,dust,pollen,foodstuff,flea and other insect bites.

its none drowsy,so thats great news.

ive noticed that there are alot of spiders this year,at home and work.

i dont like killing them,so ill catch them in a glass,then take them down the garden.

but if anything crawls on me...then its a different matter,as i dont want to be bitten,then feel ill.

nature isnt kind to us this year is it,sadly.

i hope you feel better soon,love fran
  3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

You can buy plug in electric devices to keep them out of your house.

For personal use, a body lotion containing tea tree oil, or mix one up yourself, might keep them off you.

As your having all these bites, you need your blood looked at for parasites etc.
  4. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Can you stand to take lots of vit B12? It's a water-soluble vite, I mean it doesn't stick around and build up in a body as Vit A can and does. As nearly as I know there isn't any toxic reaction to B12.

And it repels the little biters!!

Someone else (I've lost your name already, sorry) recommended a lotion with tea tree oil in it. I am here to tell you that the stuff works, even on bugs that burrow under skin and start partying.
    I know because dr's idea for MY bugs was permethrin and he said: put it on head to toe and leave it there for 24 hrs. Shower it off.

Yeah. I put permethrin just where the bugs were, it absorbed into my system in nothing flat and caused vomiting.

He wasn't terribly pleased to find out I'd refused to try that again...and TOLD him what really works for a fraction of the price of the Big Pharma stuff. I really don't care if he didn't get a pay-back from the perm pushers. Tea tree oil works.

Oh and before I forget again, please don't let anyone tell you earwigs don't bite. They do. Nasty things, the bite I got when an earwig FELL ON ME IN THE SHOWER, shudder, took seemingly forever to heal.

Do you have any eucalyptus trees where you are? Gathered and brought indoors to be put in/under couches, under area rugs, etc., the leaves repel fleas. Oops, if you are sensitive to the odor of the leaves, maybe better not bring them indoors.

And (also please file under If You Can Handle It) diatomaceous earth makes crawlers feel unwelcome.

5. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

For years now, I've been getting dozens of mosquito/blackfly bites whenever I try to go out in the late afternoon. Even for a few minutes. I'm sure that there is something in the FM system that attracts them, maybe the excess phosphates.....

Sometimes I scratch so much, I end up with little bruises whereever I'm bitten. None of that topical stuff seems to work.

Just last night, I went outside to call BF in for supper and ended up with 6 bites.

[This Message was Edited on 07/06/2008]
  6. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

The hypersensativity of people with FMS .

Bug bites have always made my skin have over- reactions like a mosquito bite , just 1 , will give me an area about the size of a pancake that is raised and swollen . Bees , hornets and stinging insects are even worse.

Flea bites make my whole ankle swell up when I get bitten in that area . AND everything has hightened sensation too . With the flea and mosquito bites it itches so that I almost feel 'out of my mind ' with itching . The stinging insects create a kind of 'taking the breathe away' feeling .

Antihistimines(sp)work really well for all of these problems. At least for me ;everyone is different. But , if you can find a product call Novahistine ( it is green ) it really works well . I suppose any other antihistimine would work too .

Oh , one more thing - if you need something for the itch that is topical , try ammonia. Just the plain kind . It is the same ingredient in the anti- itch bug roll/dab on sticks that you can buy in the store.

I hope you have a itchless rest of your Summer !

Oh , the eucalyptis leaves also work for bed bugs. When I was little my mom put them under our mattresses .

7. poets

poets Member

Earwigs? I'm scared to death of them. Those little knobbly heads and the butt whiskers (or whatever they are) really give me the creeps. I found one crawling in my bed one night! The plug-in things have never worked for me unfortunately. I gave them to my mother and they didn't work for her either. Mosquitoes love me so much I can't even go outside in the evening.

I got an exterminator after I found a centipede in the bathroom. That did it! He uses something that is organic and doesn't have any odor or color. It's safe for children and pets and it works pretty well. The earwigs came in a load of fill dirt when they were grading the lot after the house was built. They're tough to get rid of.

Hope you find some answers soon. I didn't like getting an exterminator but I didn't know what else to do.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/07/2008]
  8. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

People bug me more than bugs - LOL

(Sorry about your bug problem though)
  9. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

I didn't mind the bugs until they built that house in the corner of my room. They are up till all hours, leave the lights on, play loud music and I swear they smoke cigars. It is so annoying. Every now and I then one climbs up in bed and makes a pass at me. I would be angry except that's the ONLY thing making passes at me these days!

It is time for the bug bombs and NONE too soon is all I can say. Except that one with the mustache who rides the tiny Harley is rather cute. I might give him a heads up so he can escape the fumes........
  10. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

I had to laugh when I read your post. Of course, you're from Texas!!!! I moved to Central Texas as a wet-behind-the-ears 17 year old straight from the beaches of Southern California. I about had a heart attack when I saw my first Texas cockroach, then centipede, then scorpion--oh, the list goes on and on--and that's only the ones you can see. Those sci-fi horror films aren't made on back lots with special effects. They're all filmed in Texas.

We lived through chiggers (especially nice around the waist of pregnant bellies), ticks, 2 inch long cockroaches, and wily scorpions who would get us in our beds at night. It always felt like someone had clobbered you with a hammer. One especially hot and muggy night, my husband and I were both bitten by the same scorpion (approximately the size of a small pony)--me twice and him once. Our babies all got it too at least once--in their cribs. Those guys have no scruples. And don't get me started on the mosquitos or the Grandaddy Longlegs undulating en masse under the porch eaves.

I've gotta say, you Texans are a tough group. I turned tail after a mere 14 years and ended up in a might bit gentler clime-southern Oregon. Oh, we get an ant or two but they're never quite up to par with the Texas livestock.

May the chiggers think you taste bad. You're welcome to come visit if you could handle the lack of crawlers.

11. ironspine

ironspine New Member

I live in Iowa, where biting flies with huge fangs descend on unsuspecting moving targets the minute you walk outside. I have a horse, and try to spray him but have yet to find a fly spray under $50 that works. My g.sheperd has raw ears from them-they literally chew her ears.
    They bite my legs and fly away before I can hit 'em. Then there's the "no-see-ums" that bite and voila, there's nothing there. They are tiny black dots that you can barely see, but they also have huge fangs.
    Once I'm in the house, I have the feeling I'm being bitten on my arms and legs but nothings there-we don't have fleas in the house, either.
    Paranoia sets in at night-do I have spiders in the bed? There's big black hairy ones in the basement...
    Since the government regulated the amount of pesticides that can be used in bug spray, we're at the mercy of them. Most seem to be absolutely worthless. I've bought 3 different formulas of ant killer for my kitchen-the ants sniff it disdainfully, walk through it and keep coming.
    Any ideas for this???