Do Caretakers get crankier when you are worst?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bambi, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Bambi

Bambi New Member

I may just be feeling really down because I am having an asthma flare for the first
    time since last winter, but sometimes I think my caretaker gets more moody and short with me when I am at my lowest. Anyone else find this? Hugs, Bambi
  2. evileva

evileva New Member

LOL, Bambi, I think you are right, mine left me.
    Eva
  3. Debbi

Debbi New Member

I think that maybe they get grumpier because they hurt for us??????
  4. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

I do not even talk about the fibro hardly at all anymore because my spouse gets so angry. I am waiting for the results of a biopsy, now, for a cancerous looking lesion on my vulva, and this has been a very bad weeknd. Instead of loving kindness, I have been receiving some pretty cruel behavior, and I think my marriage is on its way to OVER. Husband is very selfish and I am at the end of my rope.
  5. pearls

pearls New Member

(Fairy Eyes), I'll be thinking about you and hope your situation improves a whole lot when it does. I hardly know what to say, but truly wish I could say something to lift your heavy burden. Very soft hugs.

Bambi,

I don't think you can make a blanket statement that caretakers get worse when you are at your worst, but I have no doubt that a lot of them get that way. That's because because they are frustrated and don't know what to do next. I truly wish it were not this way because we so need them at such times.

Soft hugs to you, too, Bambi,

-Pearl
  6. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I'd run if I could ie. icon.

My caretaker has turned into a succubus! She does absolutely nothing. She will allow dishes to stact to the ceiling; leave her mess behind; do laundry at times inconvenient to me (this is my home); berates my son although I have talked to her about the hard she is causing him in an already horrid world.

She will not, absolutely will not, have anything to say to me but I need to clean up the house and she wants home cooking! I am worked to the bone over taking care of something like a dozen dogs, nine of which live in the house! My son tends to three out back!

I certainly would give almost anything I have to be whole again if nothing else but to relieve her of her obviously deep resentment of me. I am 53 and she is 28; prior to my situation she got used to the "soft side" of life. Sounds like she dropped off her dog and is off to the races.

Don't feel alone...atleast you can divorce your hubby or wife, which ever is the case. Guess I best go see how my son is handling her taking off again so soon. Love to all, CactusLIl'
  7. Msagn

Msagn New Member

Hello Bambi, need to vent ? I'm local too Cave creek. 480-595-0217 have mine somewhat under control.
    Mary
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

Fairyeyes, I feel so bad for you, my
    "caretaker" would never act that way
    under those cicumstances! I so hope it works out not to be cancerous! I
    will say a prayer for you!

Cactuslil..GOOD GRIEF MAN! It sounds
    like you got a handful with that little girl. <<<sarcasm, just a little though. It doesn't sound like a good deal for your son. Maybe you
    need to take her wheels out from under her and put a dish cloth in her
    hand!!! I'm sorry you are dealing with this much stress, NOT what we need!

Hi in Cave Creek! I WILL give you a
    call one day. I'm not really REAL upset just feeling like heck <<<see
    that was Nice! and sometimes I feel
    like things get harder when I'm too
    down to even yell. My "caretaker" goes through a LOT with me and my pets too...Cactuslil you made me
    cringe with some guilt there. I got
    a lot of pets before I got too ill to
    take care of them, so maybe my "care
    taker" should be grumpier more often?

I do appreciate the answers! I am on
    a royal pittypot with this lung business on top of the normal severe
    pain I guess. Bless you all! Hugs, Bambi