do certain positions cause you extreme pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clueless, Mar 2, 2003.

1. clueless

clueless New Member

Do those of you inflicted with fibro.find that some positions cause you a great deal of pain? I dearly love sitting in my recliner with my feet up and take a nap but I wake up in such excruciating pain that it takes the rest of the evening with break thru meds to feel any where near human ( as much as we can ). We spend the winters in Florida and I am finding that sitting for any lengh of time pains me so and tightens my muscles so much that it looks like that is also one of those things I can`t do.The list is getting pretty long. lol I have wondered if I might have a pinched nerve in my back as most of my pain is from the waist down, is that a usual thing?.Surely would appreciate your input. Thanks! Clueless
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You are not alone. I can't sit in a recliner at all. I get up like I am totally out of it from pain.

Neither can I stand in one place for more than a few minutes, like the lines in grocery stores. I walk around and my husband stands in line!

Also sitting in one place on a hard chair is also a no, no.

Every chair I use in the house has some kind of padding on it.

My worst pain is the upper back, but I can get the lower back hurting too if I sit in that recliner.

I carry a buckwheat pillow for the car, I need the support on my back, or I won't be able to get out the car door.

Yes, the list does gets long, I have been at this for 20 plus years now, so I just know what I can and can't do anymore.

Take care, hopefully they find a cure in your life time!!!

Shalom, Shirl

3. VickyB

VickyB New Member

Hi Clueless!
    If I lay flat on my back for more than a couple of minutes, I go into spasms.
    Sitting in the car or driving sends me into spasms too.
    Walking in stores bothers my hips and down my legs.
    When I lay down at night it seems that every position hurts!!
    Sometimes I think I have more than fms too!! I guess we just have to keep going to doctor and having tests to make sure.
    Good luck to you, Vicky
  4. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

At first it was the constant headache, neckache, leg, hip ache, arm aches, and on and on. Now I cannot find a place of comfort to sleep and when I get up from being in bed (which is where I usually am) I can barely walk because the feet hurt mostly on the bottom.

The doctor says I am fine!!!

I do have increasing pain on the left side whereas it was mostly on the right to start. It's very interesting. I try not to dwell on it but you can't run away from yourself.

Does the warm weather in Florida help any? I have always thought if I could be a snowbird and travel from WA state to Arizona I might feel better but they'd have to drug me to get me there and back (lol).

Anyway - I know I didn't help any but just had to put my 2 cents in.

Pam