Do CFIDS Patient Delay Antibodies ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MrLund, Aug 11, 2008.

1. MrLund

MrLund New Member

Do CFIDS patient delay in producing antibodies to viral infection?

My Doc says NO, they produce antibodies properly, is this true ?

2. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

My onset of cfs was after getting chickenpox, I had ongoing fatigue from this and 2-3 months after chicken pox had a blood test which showed positive igg antibodies to ebv, prior to chicken pox approx 3 months tested negative to ebv so I am quite sure i had both viral infections at the same time. Anyway 3years after this positive test to ebv(iGg antibodies supposed to be with u for life) I tested negative to ebv. This doesnt mean i dont have ebv just that my immune system isnt producing antibodies to ebv anymore, so i assume my body cant fight it. I am seeing an immunologist in a few days time so i am interested to see what he says.
  3. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i have never heard of the delay in antibody production theory but it is possible some people with CFS have a problem in producing immunoglobulins maybe...

lately, i have been hearing that antibodies are totally unreliable in predicting chronic infections anyway.

often, infections are found in tissue culture even when antibodies show no elevation.