Do I have CFS ??? sorry long...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LisaTom, Oct 21, 2002.

1. LisaTom

LisaTom New Member

I'm sorry this is long, but I have been having weird symptoms, and have been searching desperately to figure this out. Any replies are welcome! Spring of 2001 I got on Celexa for (post partum) depression (baby born 9/00). During the spring into summer I was becoming obsessed about problems and having what I think now may have been mild anxiety attacks. I started back to school after being off a year in August 01 and I started feeling better. Had a pretty good year part-time, then last spring 02 I was becoming so tired in the mornings, and couldn't wait until lunch to go pick up my baby and go home to sleep a couple hours when he did. I usually napped when he did, but now I lived for it! I started having a lot of headaches, so went on Amitriptylene which helped. I went off Celexa in May, b/c I was feeling great otherwise. I didn't work this past summer and it about drove me nuts! But I was sleeping 9-10 hours at night, and 2.5 during the day, and I was still tired all the time, could doze off after breakfast easy. Then I started work full time which I really was not looking forward to. Had a check-up for thyroid in July, and told the doctor about the fatigue, and said if I wasn't mentally feeling better and physically, come back in a few weeks. STarted school first week of August and by the third week I had had a killer sore throat for two weeks I was so depressed I went back and got back on Celexa and antibiotics for sinusitus. Thought I was better then the sore throat came back, and now the right side of my face was numb. I went back, put me on stronger antibiotics and steroids and OTC sinus meds for 10 days. Nothing changed so he sent me for a CT scan for sinusitus. I have noticed I get dizzy really easy and feel lightheaded much of the time. I will forget things a lot and I have had a lot of headaches, especially in the morning. I missed my Sept. menst. period completely, then three weeks later in the middle of my pack of BC pills, period started. I am always regular, always. The CT showed absolutely nothing so I am going to an ENT doctor tomorrow do do more tests, b/c it started in my throat, and the sore throat is back. Does this sound like I have CFS, or am I on my way? I am still working and keep a household afloat, but not dibilitated by this, yet. Should I go back to my family dr, go over ALL the symptoms, or find someone who specializes in this? I hate the way I feel and hate getting up anymore. Suggestions please.....
  2. LisaTom

LisaTom New Member

I'm sorry this is long, but I have been having weird symptoms, and have been searching desperately to figure this out. Any replies are welcome! Spring of 2001 I got on Celexa for (post partum) depression (baby born 9/00). During the spring into summer I was becoming obsessed about problems and having what I think now may have been mild anxiety attacks. I started back to school after being off a year in August 01 and I started feeling better. Had a pretty good year part-time, then last spring 02 I was becoming so tired in the mornings, and couldn't wait until lunch to go pick up my baby and go home to sleep a couple hours when he did. I usually napped when he did, but now I lived for it! I started having a lot of headaches, so went on Amitriptylene which helped. I went off Celexa in May, b/c I was feeling great otherwise. I didn't work this past summer and it about drove me nuts! But I was sleeping 9-10 hours at night, and 2.5 during the day, and I was still tired all the time, could doze off after breakfast easy. Then I started work full time which I really was not looking forward to. Had a check-up for thyroid in July, and told the doctor about the fatigue, and said if I wasn't mentally feeling better and physically, come back in a few weeks. STarted school first week of August and by the third week I had had a killer sore throat for two weeks I was so depressed I went back and got back on Celexa and antibiotics for sinusitus. Thought I was better then the sore throat came back, and now the right side of my face was numb. I went back, put me on stronger antibiotics and steroids and OTC sinus meds for 10 days. Nothing changed so he sent me for a CT scan for sinusitus. I have noticed I get dizzy really easy and feel lightheaded much of the time. I will forget things a lot and I have had a lot of headaches, especially in the morning. I missed my Sept. menst. period completely, then three weeks later in the middle of my pack of BC pills, period started. I am always regular, always. The CT showed absolutely nothing so I am going to an ENT doctor tomorrow do do more tests, b/c it started in my throat, and the sore throat is back. Does this sound like I have CFS, or am I on my way? I am still working and keep a household afloat, but not dibilitated by this, yet. Should I go back to my family dr, go over ALL the symptoms, or find someone who specializes in this? I hate the way I feel and hate getting up anymore. Suggestions please.....
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

i dont have much to say besides im sorry you feel so bad youll find alot of comfort here at this board alot of your symtoms do sound cfs related, i did get worse after the birth of my childen sounds like you may also have some kind of hormone inbalance hopefully someone will have more ideas then me
    its nice to meet you
    kara
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You certainly display some of the symptoms, especially the chronic sore throat and fatigue. You need to have your doc start a complete workup to rule out other illnesses. CFIDS is a diagnosis of elimination. It often follows the flu or a virus of some kind, but not always. Can you remember becomming sick before getting so tired?

In any case, you will feel better mentally just knowing other things have been eliminated and getting a dianosis. Call your doc or find one who specializes in CFIDS and get started. It's a long enough process getting diagnosed as it is. The sooner you get started, the better. Good luck.

Love, Mikie