Do I have CFS????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by advancewithcourage, Sep 26, 2003.

1. advancewithcourage

advancewithcourage New Member

I have fatigue that comes and goes (varying in severity), depression, terrible brain fog, gas and bloating (comes and goes), daily headaches (mild but feels like inflammation in brain). I had anxiety and panic attacks but not lately. Occasional mild joint pain in knee and elbow. Does this sound like CFIDS? I do not fit the CDC definition because I can exert myself without total exhaustion. My fatigue can be debilitating for weeks, then disappear for a couple months only to returen with a vengeance. I have been sick one year. I have brain fog and headaches almost daily. I often have bouts of severe depression. I have suspected CFS and so has my doc. I have had every medical test known to man and all are normal.
  2. emerging

emerging New Member

According to the CDC, the diagnosis of CFIDS can be made if patients:

1) Have severe chronic fatigue of six months or longer duration with other known medical conditions excluded by clinical diagnosis, and

2) Concurrently have four or more of the following symptoms: substantial impairment in short-term memory or concentration, sore throat, tender lymph nodes, muscle pain, multi-joint pain without swelling or redness, headaches of a new type, pattern or severity, unrefreshing sleep, and post-exertional malaise lasting more than 24 hours.

Hope that helps.
  3. CreateHope

CreateHope New Member

What tests have you had that all came back normal? The reason I ask is I think I may have Chronic Fatigue or Lyme along with the Fibro, and I'm finding out that lots of tests aren't reliable, and some are reliable but only if the correct lab processes them.
    All the tests I had before getting the diagnosis with Fibro came back normal, but now I know I haven't had the right tests done. Here it is two years later; I'm much sicker and still looking for a good doctor who will order the right lab work and treat me for whatever I do or don't have.
    Wishing you much luck.
    Kate