Do I have Chronic Fatigue.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by roymaple, Jul 5, 2003.

1. roymaple

roymaple New Member

I'm kinda new to this so please accept my apologies if I should have found this info else where on this site..

I've read a little about CF (or ME in England).. And was wondering if I may have it.

For about 2 years now I've been suffering hip pains that seem to move from one side to another..

Also most days in the PM I get pains in the Top of my legs that can only be described as a null aching that can get so bad sometimes I don't want to move.

I dont get mentally foggy but get headaches almost daily and bad neck and sholder pains. (at least a year).

I have read that gastric Reflux is also often found - a condition I've had since about 20 (I now 32 male).

I currently take dihydrocodeine for the back pains which does seem to help generally (but at a cost).

Just at the moment I am under major stress and the symptons are pretty bad.

CFS or something else..? Not sure I want to discuss this with the doctor as I am not sure how understanding he is and also CFS would not be good on my record !

Finally if it could be CFS where do I start ! I need some good books I guess and some weblinks !

Thanks.

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Roy, welcome to the board. I am no doctor, but your pain/symptoms sounds more like Fibromyalgia than CFS (ME).

You can do some research right here on this site. Just go to the top of this page where it says; 'Home' and 'Library', just click on these links, and type in CFS or FM in the search box. It will bring up articles from the latest research for you to read, by doctors etc. that are doing research on these illness all the time.

There are many good books out on both illnesses. Here are a few of my favorites;

'Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain' by Devin Starlanyl,MD.

'From Fatigue to Fantastic' by Jacob Titelbaum, M. D.

I am reading a very helpful book now on magnesium, which is a mineral most of us are deficient in these days with all the pollution, acid rain, depleted soils etc. Especially those with FM/CFS.

Its; 'The Miracle of Magnesium' by Carolyn Dean M.D.,N.D.

I am sorry, but we are not allowed to give web-addresses on this board, but if you just type in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Fibromyalgia you will come up with a lot of help that way.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope you post often. Also feel free to ask all the questions you have. We try to answer what we are able too.

Shalom, Shirl

3. samjenkin

samjenkin New Member

It does sound like you could have CFS but it could be a whole host of other things as well. I suggest you do talk to your doctor about what it could be. There are a number of reasons for this. If you have something else wrong you could get it sorted out and your quality of life would improve. If it is CFS, then you can start getting treatment and the earlier the better. A clean record cannot make up for having problems with your health.

Basically, the way that CFS is diagnosed is by ruling everything else out and it could be damaging to your health if you thought it was CFS, treated yourself accordingly and discovered later on it was something else entirely.

CFIDS does not look good on your record but you need to work out what is best for you.

Sorry this post is very to the point - I'm tired today but felt compelled to reply.

Let us know if you need any further advice.

Blessings

Sam