Do I have FMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jklmm, Apr 23, 2007.

1. jklmm

jklmm New Member

I have been through 2 years of hell. There is something wrong with me and my doctors can not figure out what it is. I have been tested for MS, ALS, bleeding ulcers, ovaian cancer, Graves disease and many other things. But everything comes back normal. But I am in pain, and I know there is something wrong with me. I just happen to read an article about FMS and I couldn't believe how many of the symptoms I had.

* Widespread pain (I wake up every morning so stiff and sore I feel like I am 100 years old and I am only 37)
    * I am so tired durning the day, even if I've had a lot of sleep. I have to take a nap everyday.
    * I get these leg pains at night when I am sleeping that hurt so bad I can not even move. They last for about 5 minutes.
    * Numbness in hands
    * Abdominal pain
    * Dizziness
    * Dinginess (foggy)
    * Headaches
    * Anxiety
    * Painful periods
    * Dry skin

I have told my doctors all these symptoms and my husband thinks if my doctors thought it was FMS they would of tested me for it. Could they of overlooked it?
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Mention FMS to the doctors, unfortunately FMS is a syndrome diagnosed by exclusion most of the time. You have the symptoms and they can't find anything wrong...Have your doctor check for the tender points and mention the article...ask him about it. Sorry so short but I wanted to try to answer your questiion. Somedays I have to use a few words as possible..lol

Regards,
    Deb