Do I tell Dr the same things I tell SSD so it will be in my file?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Oct 8, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I told you about what little they have written in my file. I'm gonna have to go thru it and write down everything and go back and disuss it with her and make sure she writes it down. I had written things down to discuss with her a couple of times so I wouldn't forget and we didn't have time so she took them and told me she'd read them later. Don't think she has. When I got my file the papers are there but she didn't document it herself. Does it need to be documented by her or will it be ok like it is with what I wrote.

What I mean by my first question is this. When you fill out the SSD papers You tell them everything you can't do and so on, so do I need to make sure the dr has all of what I'm gonna tell them in my file also? I'm so upset I can't think straight.

Thank You,Keke
  2. TerryS

TerryS Member

Hi Keke:

I have never applied for SSDI, but sounds like a good plan to make sure your doc has documentation on everything (symtpoms, remarks about what you are and are not capable of doing, etc.)

GOOD LUCK!
    TerryS
  3. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

SSD WHEN i FILED.

i pushed post instead of reply when i went to answer your post.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You can't control your dr. If she doesn't keep good records, you need to accept that or find another dr.

If the file contains your lists of symptoms and questions that you wrote, that should be helpful. The real problem would if your medical file and the soc. sec. file contained info that was in conflict.

(Wonder what happened to the post I wrote on this yesterday.) Good luck.