Do muscle relaxers tend to cause stomach upset?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Dec 18, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I haven't tried any of these, but the backs of my legs have been unbearable the last month. Which one do you like, and do they make your stomach upset?

Thanks & LIGHT***********carole
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i have problems with my stomach also the only one that hasnt is zanaflex i just stated taking it so i dont know about long term charlene
  3. joyfully

joyfully New Member

Tizanidine= generic for zanaflex 2 mg tablets. This can make you feel a bit "loopy" though.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Skelaxin doesn't work for me as a muscle relaxer.

Robaxin is a little better, but I do get stomach upset with it.

I'd also take a calcium/zinc/magnesium supplement
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Well, down another path we go!! I can't even tolerate magnesium right now.

Just been a really tough time, as I so not like RX's.

Thanks for all your feedback.

carole & LIGHT***************
  5. balletdancer74

balletdancer74 New Member

Hi there,

I've had reactions to all muscle relaxants with the exception of Mirapex (not a real muscle relaxant come to think of it) as I have yet to try it...lol

Skelaxin can cause insane nausea for some.

I've found Klonopin which is not technically a muscle relaxant but acts as one as well as an anti-anxiety med (I take it for muscle pain and spasms) to be the only helpful med for me.

How about magnesium via an IV or potassium? Also, you could take them intramuscularly. That way they'll bypass the stomach. That's the only way I can tolerate vitamins/minerals - through a weekly drip tailored to my needs.

Also, tonic water contains quinine which acts as a muscle relaxant. One can also get quinine as a straight RX if necessary.

I hope you find something soon to help ease the pain. Don't give up...Lots of trial and error and than trial and SUCCESS! We're all different...but you will find something.

Healing hugs,
    LB32 (Leeza)