Do not know what to do!! HELP?!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrotears, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Fibrotears

Fibrotears New Member

Hi, everyone!

It has literally been years since I've been to this site. Everything is crashing in around me!

I,m still in SEVERE PAIN and the doctors can STILL do nothing for me!!
    This rectal and vaginal spasms and pain is driving me crazy! There is not a day that I do not have pain! I have 24/7 pain and it is just getting to much!!

I still live with my parents, it's 4 years now, and I still can not study and I'm 24!!! What is going to happen to me? I so desprately want to study, stand on my own two feet etc.

I cannot go on like this! I'm so frustrated!!!

My dream is to study medicine, but I know that it is not going to realize.

I feel like a loser, a bum still living with her 60 year old parents, sponging of off them!! All their money that they saved for their old day went into my medical expenses!!!

If I can't provide for myself, how am I going to take care of my parents? I owe it to them to look after them when their old, I can't expect my sister to do it alone!

I just don't know anymore. How am I going to survive life?

Please pray for me?

2. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

please try to calm down, and pray. we all have times in our lives when we feel that way.
    being sick can just get one down try something new to day,go for a short walk even if its just around your yard,you said you want to study try that for a few minutes a day,
    I watched Joel Osteen Sunday he says we all have to have a plan,but start out small do one small thing a day that will make you feel better.don't ship a day and in 2 weeks you should have alittle better time of it. God Bless you. sixtyslady
  3. justshea

justshea New Member

We all have our days, I know that don't help you too much. But, have you been to a Rheumatologist? Mine gives me a muscle relaxer(Zanaflex), Elavil(for Interstitual Cystitis) and Zoloft(for restful sleep). Since I've been taking these, I can actually get out of bed without help and still working a full time job. I know some peoples' FM is worse than others and I'm trying to head off as much as I can. If you can get better sleep, that will help you alot..
    Good luck! You're in my prayers..
  4. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

I'm really sorry that you are going through such a painful experience - in every possible way!

First, you did not ask to have a painful medical condition. Second, it is not your fault you have a painful medical condition. Third, you would and will do whatever you can to fix your painful medical condition. Fibrotears, it's not your fault.

Have you been worked up for Vulvodynia and Pudendal Neuralgia? If not, perhaps a more precise diagnosis would lead to more useful treatment. You may want to research doc.s who specialize in these conditions in your area. Sometimes it's hard to get a diagnosis of either without seeing someone who is very familiar with these conditions.

Whether you have explored the above or not, have you considered learning self hypnosis. Self hypnosis can be a miracle for people with difficult pain conditions that do not respond well to medication or other medical therapies. Please consider that if women can use self hypnosis as an effective means of pain control during childbirth it must be effective.

Self hypnosis also gives people coping tools as they not only can use it to handle pain but to relax, lower stress and get on top of the totally overwhelming stress of chronic pain.

It takes a while to learn it and more time to practice so that you get good at it. However, some people are good enough at it that they can enter a hypnotic state with the help of the hypnotherapist in the first session. All hypnosis is self hypnosis. When you see a stage hypnotist who appears to be hypnotizing people he/she actually has the co-operation, whether they know it or not, of all the participants.

Please don't despair, Fibrotears. There will be a way to improve your situation. The fact that you are so young is both very, very sad but also reason for very real optimism. Many people have a dreadful, awful time when they are young but go on to have really great lives even if that once seemed impossible.

You have time on your side. You have time to find good therapies. You have time for medicine to come up with something. You have time for your body to change in good ways even without medical intervention.

The very first thing you have to do is realize that there are many reasons for you to hope. Then, you really need to find support to stay in touch with hope. Despair makes everything so much harder. You know, sometimes people don't know how to help us. Sometimes we have to say: just support my HOPE...

and help me find a pain clinic where they treat vulvodynia and pudendal neuralgia and help me find a good hypnotherapist.