Do our muscles have MORE uric acid,hence more pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Mar 6, 2006.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi all~
    Over the yrs of having my FM progress,..
    I've researched alot and thought I've seen where we supposedly hold onto more uric acid in our muscle tissues.
    ??? am I right? Thats why we have so much pain.
    well,..if thats the case,
    then would'nt eating cherries help us release that excess uric acid?
    Because its known as a alternative for Gout.
    Just eating cherries everyday~

and with gout I guess theres more than should be uric acid in the body. The cherries help eliminate uric acid.

What do you guys think??

Maybe this cherry juice that some of the members have spoke of here, is really worth a try!!??
    Hmmmmmmm?

any thoughts?
    Thanks much,
    Tandy
  2. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

but how much is a flush and how much is just adding on more carbs to my already fat boot-e lol.

I was just reading somethign along these lines today infact on the main page of this biard in dr armands stuff on guai.

that gout drugs were helping to a degree but now can't remmeber it all eheheh sorry, guess I am brain farting since my nap was not very long lol!

Been long time Tandy! Hiya how are you? Let me know more on this it is interesting.

Because of the board I started eatting more blueberries. It was a treat to eat them frozen last summer so I got anti-oxidents in my system but now that i am on the green tea supplement then I don't need to do the blueberry thing unless I want to.

Anyhow pork chops are burning smoooooooooooootchies xoxo! Brenda
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

3 heads is better than one~
    Just looking for any input.

Makes my job of research much easier :)

I think I'll give it a try. Since I love cherries anyway.
    The BIG chore is just getting dressed,and getting out to a store for cherries!!
    take care
    Tandy
  4. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

My undertanding of the pain is that it's caused by acid buildup...and not usually uric acid but other types of acids that are generated, especially the acid byproducts of yeast metablolism. The body, not being able to eliminate all the acid waste, has to store it somewhere, so it gets stored in the tissues which then causes pain and inflammation. Keep your body alkaline to neutralize body acids. My wife was able to completely eliminate almost all the pain and inflammation associated with her FMS by sticking to an alkaline diet. It really works...
  5. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

ok so me being dumb as a rock what kinda diet was she on cause I can't hardly eat much anyhow lol.

What did and didn't she eat? tyvm
  6. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

She was on an alkaline diet, as described by Dr Robert Young in the books "The PH Miracle", "The PH Miracle for weight loss", "The PH miracle for diabetes"...The later books have better recipes in them but they all have basically the same information.

Although he didn't win, he was nominated last year for the nobel prize for his work on diabetes.

Good Luck...
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

More homework!! LOL
    you and me both~ I'll be looking into this alkaline diet for sure.
    Because this is'nt the first time I've heard that we need to balance the acidity in the body.
    (or something like that)?
    Dumb as a rock?? again,...you and me both eh~ (clears my throat)
    I retain about 20% of what I take in. !! LOL
    and thats on a good day :)

Thanks for mentioning this diet. ??? I forgot your name.
    see? its no joke.
    my brainfog has peeked!

Hugs
    Tandy
  8. moonlightkitty

moonlightkitty New Member

I think the acid build-up that's the culprit is lactic acid in most of our cases. There's a good article somewhere in the archives on here about how producing acid is the muscles' way of staying alive when they are overfatigued. I believe most FMS has some type of fatigue underneath it, some forms treatable (eg thyroid), some not.

I was able to keep my FMS under control before I got full-blown CFS with diet, slowly building strength, chiropractic, avoiding chemicals. But with the CFS, it came with a vengeance. I don't believe I'll find a successful treatment for my case of CFS until some of the ongoing research on gene expression, viral causes etc comes to fruition. But reading that article really helped, it's hard to always understand how pain comes from fatigue and I think that's the answer.