Do people with Fibromyalgia, but not CFS, have Candida?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Jun 16, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

For 90% of those of us with CFS, Candida, mould, or yeast are major problems, and symptoms of a compromised immune system.

For me, Candida is a major problem: I have itchy nostrils and ears, mouldy toes (not to be gross), and an intolerance of sugar.

My second question is, do people who have Lyme Disease have Candida also?

Thanks.

Kholmes
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I know someone at the FFC where I go who has lyme and candida. I do not know anyone personally who has fibro and candida, but I'll bet there are some out there.
    The woman I met at FFC with the Lyme and candida says she isn't feeling as good as she hoped she would after being at FFC since last fall. She is a little disapointed with FFC considering the $$ spent. Then she told be she gave up the candida diet after a week because she felt it wasn't helping. She eats what she wants, even has alchoholic drinks etc! She misses her IV's quite a bit too. I don;t think she gets it that she needs to do her part too. Oh well.
    I have candida and CFIDS. My twin has Lyme and CFIDS, but does not have candida.
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Frankly, I don't know. I get more confused about it all the time.

I have come to the conclusion that we all have FM, just that some of us have a very mild case. I had "just" CFS for years, then I slapped my nervous system with a quick withdrawal from an AD - and BOOM - major pain and a dx. of FM. (Isn't it clever how we all can talk in initials these days, KWIM?)

As for Candida, I have no outward signs of it but have an almost constantly drippy nose (my ears and feet are fine thankyouverymuch as are other female parts of me). But I do horribly with sugar - and caffeine, for that matter.

Then, of course we all have a bit of yeast in our gut so who knows? I become a believer, then I'm not so sure. As for Lyme, I've tested negative for it twice.

Marta