Do photo-gray lenses in glasses help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

with the glare and eye strain?

I've never had those kind of glasses before but was wondering if they might be helpful as I am sensitive to light and the sun.

I have bi-focal lenses so no idea if phot-gray lenses come in bi-focal.

Any ideas?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I always get the anti-glare on my glasses. It really does help.

Not really sure about the phot-gray is that the tint? and yes it comes in bi-focal

hope this helps
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

My glasses are also the nonglare. Years ago I tried the transitional lens but for me there were times when it was sunny yet wanted to look at something without the glasses. But that is me. I know people who swear by them.

My pcp suggested wearing sun glasses inside if your nervous system is overstimulated. I often do this when going out especially in a restaurant or places like Walmart. I do not drive with them on at night. The glare free glasses have helped my night vision.

4. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

I wear these and they are really great, adjusting to the sun but never getting too dark. Sometimes when I am driving and they aren't dark enough, I open the sunroof and hold my glasses up to the sun and they darken a bit quicker. Wait til you're stopped at a traffic light to do that though!

I wear Progressive lenses which is like a bifocal without the visible line. You have to kind of train your eye to find the spot it needs as it instantaneously adjusts for distance and reading. It takes about a week to adjust to them, did not care for them for the first few days, but after the initial adjustment, I came to love them. My best friend got them too and could not adjust to them-- made her nauseous. So everbody is a bit different.

I paid extra to have my Progressive lenses adjust to the sun, but it was only about $30 more than clips for the glasses,so I figured it was worth it. I'm glad I did. Give them a try, you just might like them.

[This Message was Edited on 06/13/2009]