Do the full/part-time workers find time/energy to exercise?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RedB, Jun 29, 2003.

1. RedB

RedB New Member

Just curious about this one.

I am currently not working, but am babysitting for my 1 1/2 year old grandson 3 to 4 days a week. He poops me out more than if I were working, and my only exercise -- walking -- is suffering greatly.

Do those of you who work a lot of hours still have energy and time left over for exercise?

Kathy
  2. Myth

Myth New Member

Good god no! I barely have the energy to work! And when I do attempt slow stretches I still end up with a whack load of pain the next day- which I can do without since I still have to make it to work.
    Myth
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

I couldn't even keep my PT appointments that were scheduled for after work. This is what people without FM do not understand. This can be contrued to accusing us of not trying to help ourselves. When you are in pain all day, fatigued from pain and lack of sleep, who has the energy or the stamina to exercise after getting off work? I no longer am working, and still don't have the energy for it.

Dara
  4. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

I get up, grab my blades, skate for 3 miles come home take a shower go to work for three hours 45 minutes, come home try and make dinner...Clean up and pass out..LOL HARD LIFE..But, exercising along with my Doc are the only thinbgs keeping me going..
  5. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

presently, and not able to do anything but recuperate to work another day. I would really like a life. I'm soooo tired, but I'm sure I've had CFS since childhood that's never been diagnosed. The docs say to force yourself to do extra walking after work. I'm up and walking all day/evening and I'm exhausted! The docs can give advice once they've walked in my shoes for at least a month. Jeez....grrrrrrrrr