Do try PROBIOTICS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beamurto, Dec 30, 2002.

1. beamurto

beamurto New Member

Probiotics promote good health within the gut and since my daughter has been taking them the number of incidences of cystitus/thrush/colds has diminished dramatically.

I urge you to try them. Let me know how it goes.

Gentle hugs and a Pain-Free New Year to all.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have been trying to tell everyone of the importance of keeping a healthy gut with the use of probiotics because Leaky Gut is responsible for so many of our woes and is preventable with proper gut colonization of good bacteria.

We start losing the healthy bacteria in our 30's whether or not we are on antibiotics. If we are on them, it's even more imperative to take probiotics.

This is just another thing that docs don't tell us that can make or break our health. What are they teaching them in medical school?

Love, Mikie
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I've just started probiotics as part of my treatment of FM and recently dx'd food allergies I've probably had for years but didn't know about. Will let you know how it goes, but I'm hopeful...

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. granmama

granmama New Member

Where do you find this product?

granmama
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They sell a good probiotic product. Just be sure to refrigerate it after opening. The product here contains FOS to insure that it reaches the intestines where the good bacteria can colonize.

Leaky Gut happens when there are too many bad bacteria and not enough good bacteria in the intestines. Large chuncks of food can pass through the intestine walls into the bloodstream. The immune system identifies this food as a foreign invader and forms an allergy to it. This is how we get food allergies.

Probiotics help with IBS, especially when one is taking antibiotics. Chewing enzymes with meals helps digestion too.

We get so busy trying to heal from our illnesses that it is easy to forget that we need to do the things which will prevent problems. Taking probiotics and enzymes, as well as whey and colostrum to bolster the immune system, help us to maintain a healthy basis from which to try to heal what ails us.

Love, Mikie
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

I purchased probiotics from the ProHealth store several months ago, along with digestive enzymes. The digestive enzymes have worked wonders on my IBS-C, but the probiotics say to take them between 20 and 60 minutes after a meal. I always forget them.

Does anyone know if they are still helpful if you take them with or immediately after a meal? If they are, I can try them again. Otherwise, they are sitting in my refrigerator.

Barbara