Do u ever just want to be alone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Jul 5, 2009.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I get so tired of being around noises and people that do not understand. I dont feel like trying to explain how I feel, they dont understand anyway. Sometimes, it's just easier to stay at home in my bed and have peace and quiet rather than have to go out and face people. Do any of u ever feel like this or get this way?

Thanks- Krike
  2. nink

nink New Member

I'm somewhat of an introvert even when I was healthy. With these illnesses, being with people is exhausting. Trying to follow and participate in conversations, overload of noise, sights and smells, everything --I just have to leave to protect myself. The absence of social interaction is hard on me, but often going to my bedroom and shutting the door, turning on the white noise machine, is essential. And I live in a generally quiet home. I can't imagine what living with children must be like.
  3. sirfoo

sirfoo New Member feel that way sometimes, especially when you are ill. Luckily I have a hubby who tends to understand when I want to hermit away, and he lets me. My stepdaughter too. Though they both know I'm sick.

And it gets said many times, but it doesn't make it less true--this cruddy illness is basically invisible, so its easier for someone who can't or won't understand to dismiss it and you.

Hang in there, darlin'
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Now that I'm constantly suffering I want to be alone all day every day and all night every night. This is probably a good thing considering I'm now mostly bedridden. Luckily my husband is understanding and he's a non-social introvert himself.

I actually relish my alone time now. The more I'm alone the more I like it. I also enjoy going into Chat as you know. That place is wonderful. I like talking to people who get it.

I saw a show about Sister Wendy. If you've ever seen her, she's a nun who talks about Classical Art at museums on tv. She loves being alone and said that people don't understand. She's perfectly healthy I believe. She said that it allows her to feel closer to God and that she really enjoys it. She lived alone in a trailer too. I often think of her now that I'm living this life.

Do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself and be happy.