do u feel ILL?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jennyflower33, May 17, 2006.

1. Jennyflower33

Jennyflower33 New Member

It seems everyone gets the fatigue...but does everyone actually feel ILL and like absolute s**t? i have that more so than the fatigue. and my arms and legs are weak and heavy and burn. what is this ill feeling? is it part of CFS? is this the bit that lasts for years and years or is it just the fatigue? or is everyone different and shud i just shut up now...
  2. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

Blerghhh... yeah, when I'm having a flare it's like getting flattened with flu.

I feel weak, faint, sick headache, sick to my stomach, terrible sensitivity to noise, glare, heat - I just want to lie still in the dark and sleep.

And you're right; everyone's symptoms vary. Sometimes my symptoms vary from day to day - wax & wane depending on stress, hormones, etc.

Roseblossom

3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

jennyflower33:
    I have to agree what Rosebloom wrote. It is the same thing I would have said.

I know I am ill as ill can be. Yech....!!!!!

nyrofan
  4. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I tell people who ask me what does Fibromyalgia feel like since you can't see it, that it is like a bad case of the flu, usually with no fever and we are not contagious. I sometimes liken it to a mac truck running over my body and I am struggling to get up and move. The heaviest in my legs and arms are sometimes to great to bear. I tire very easily and hate that feeling since I have never been the one who lags behind or has to rest.

TxSongBird
  5. AnneTheresa

AnneTheresa Member

Flu-like symptoms seem to be common among people with FMS/CFS. For me, the nausea was just terrible. My doctor prescribed metoclop and it's helped immensely. God bless,
    Anne Theresa
  6. Jennyflower33

Jennyflower33 New Member

yeha i had real bad nausea too. thats gone now...it lasted a few weeks tho. but i feel fluey all the time...how long does the flare last for? im confused....is there an acute bit and then the remaining bit that lasts for years? how does this work?
  7. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

I have FMS and CFS. I was told the burn is from muscles not releasing. My doc has actually given me local injection to stop the spasms between the shoulders. That is my worst spot! UUUGGHH!

Auto-immune diseases often bring friends. Many here have several auto-immunes. New symptoms are ALWAYS something to bring up both here and with your doctor. If nothing else, at least you have some answers and support!

I think we are all different even though we have much of the same things going on...

I think for most of us, there is ALWAYS some level of pain that after a while we become "accostomed to". Flairs are different for everyone. I have had some last hours, days, and lucky me...this one lasted 7 months! I think I am finally coming out of it though!! YEEHH!

Stress sets us all off, I think. Dental work, moving, car accidents, and family issues defianlty are triggers for most that you should avoid when possible.

Good luck,
    jenni
  8. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I have CFS too, and there's so much more to it than just the fatigue. The name can be very misleading. It's not just about being tired, it's bone-crushing fatigue. Many of my symptoms, especially when I'm in a flare, feel like a case of the flu or some unknown virus. It starts out with muscle aches and joint pain, I get the chills, sometimes a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, a low-grade fever, headache, etc.

I take ibuprofen which helps with the fever and achiness, but the fatigue is awful. The worst is when I feel like that and don't have a fever, because then I feel like there's no reason for me to feel so lowsy...like I've got nothing to show for. lol, isn't that sad.

Anyway, I definitely know how you feel. But, remember, this disease is extremely complex.

Gentle healing hugs,
    Kim
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

You sound just like me.Let me add a few
    Migranes,lumps all over that hurt to touch,My fatigue is really more then being tired.Depression.It does feel like the flu that never goes away.blurred vision,
    Dry skin,boils,weight gain from meds.sore throats,A big flair is all this together at the same time.Everyday life seems to rotate these things ,with burning muscles ,leg pain and cramps and a blanket of nausea that feels like you have been food poisoned.