Do u feel that fatigue is accompanied by nausea?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoebe1, Oct 8, 2006.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels like this but whenever I get that bone crushing fatigue I feel very nauseous as well.

I have been feeling like this today, I'm sitting at work, can't keep my eyes open, haven't done a single stitch of work and feel very nauseous.
    My husband is coming to pick me up, I will fall asleep for sure if I drive myself.
    Does anyone else experience this?

Phoebe
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

The feeling of nausea is pretty common with people that have CFS. My son is better than he was a year ago but still is very prone to headaches and nausea. He has MCS and is sensitive to MSG, Splenda, and aspartame...probably nitrates, too. We really try to avoid those things as a family.

Say, that is a lovely wedding picture on your bio! Do you still work full time?
    Take care, Terri
  3. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

I've noticed that occasionally when the fatigue is really bad. Sometimes it's nausea and sometimes it's just that I'm feeling so weak that I can't bear the thought of eating anything. It's hard to explain, but I know the feeling.

I try to eat smaller meals each day, rather than the 3 large ones. I notice I don't have as much trouble when I break it down into smaller meals.

Gentle hugs, and I hope you feel better after some rest.

Kim
  4. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Thanks for your reply and for the compliment :)
    I have only been diagnosed with FM, I've always assumed that the fatigue is part of that.
    I do work full-time, most days aren't too bad I function pretty well, but days like today it just comes out of nowhere and hits me like a ton of bricks.

I try to avoid msg and aspartame, acesulfame etc. I don't know if I have MCS, and it's interesting that you mentioned headache because I have that everyday.
    I don't always feel nauseous, but it's worse when the fatigue hits me.

Phoebe
  5. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I must admit that nausea is one of the worst things for me, but it also helps to know that I'm not alone.
    I know what you mean about being too tired to eat, sometimes I'm so tired that even breathing feels like too much of an effort.

Hugs
    Phoebe
  6. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Nausea is one of my biggest problems. When you feel nauseaous, you don't want to do much but lie in bed. I have lost 10 pounds in the last year due to this nausea problem.
    P.S. Pheobe, love your wedding photo!
    Mini
  7. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Does you nausea go away if you lay down for awhile (say an half hour or more), but return if you're sitting up or on your feet?

If so, it's probably due to orthostatic intolerance. You can research it on the net. Alot people who have FM and/or CFS have it.

Barb
  8. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

feel nauseous at least once a week and I have fibro. I havent noticed if its when I feel very tired. In fact, I asked my dr to prescribe something for it. It happened yesterday and I never know what triggers it. I cant work anymore so I can go to bed. I have to take a nap everyday or the pain becomes too unbearable. Im on 30 diff. meds and my husband says thats what causes the nauseo but I dont know. YOu are the 1st person that Ive seen bring it up. HUUUM interesting!!

Suzette
  9. lorraine50

lorraine50 New Member

I'm watching my sugar intake. no i'm not a diabetic yet??

but i'm thinking I'm also not able to drink these so called sugar free things.. now I don't like water to drink. I know you can't believe it. but I hate water..
    do you have any suggestions what else to do??

I'd really like you to reply.

thanks

lorraine
  10. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Have you ever tried Xylitol? It is a natural, safe sweetener, OK for diabetics. It is made from birch trees and tastes just like sugar. It still has some calories, but way less than sugar. I bake with it sometimes and no one can tell the difference.
    You can get it at health food stores.
  11. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Phoebe - Many many people on this board have digestive problems that seem to go along with CFIDS. They include gallbladder problems, IBS, toxic livers, food allergies and celiac disease. Many people with CFS have insufficient hydrochloric acid. I think all of these problems can cause nausea and fatigue.

I used to have chronic gallbladder problems, which made me tired, because I was not digesting food properly and so wasn't absorbing the nutrients I needed. It took a very good chiropractor who did muscle testing to find that problem, no doctor could. I learned that I had to take digestive enzymes with hydrochloric acid with each meal, and my gallbladder problems stopped.

I still have CFIDS - "post-exertional malaise", or exercise intolerance, but I no longer have digestive problems.

So you may want to have your digestive system checked out. I still recommend muscle testing - it helped me so much more than doctors.

Mary
  12. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I know exactly how you feel. I have a lot of nausea too. I have learned it is a sign that I have been overdoing. It isn't the kind of nausea that you feel with IBS, this is comes in waves and goes hand in hand with fatigue!

hugs Redwillow
  13. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

You guys hit the nail on the head, we were away for the weekend and I think I might have overdone things a bit,we walked and climbed alot and sunday I was in the sun on waterrides! And everytime I got to the bottom I ran back up because it was happy hour and you could slide as much as you want for free.

I also think I ate too much sugary things and maybe overall I exerted myself because I was so excited and wanted to make the most of the weekend.
    Today I feel better, lets hope that it lasts.
    I definitely have digestive problems but yesterday just before the nausea came on I only had a strawberry and banana smoothie and I can't think that it made me nauseous for the whole day.

Thank you for all your replies, I think I should take things easier and not try to act like a "normal" person and think there won't be any consequences :)

Hugs
    Phoebe
  14. gypsy101

gypsy101 New Member

What is mcs?
  15. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

MCS is Multiple Chemical Sensitivity....you are sensitive to food additives, fabric softeners, glues, paint- they make you sick. Oh, and pesticides is a big one.