Do U have bugs crawling up leg?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MissyTx, Aug 11, 2003.

1. MissyTx

MissyTx New Member

Over the past week I have been having the sensation of bugs crawling up the back of my leg? And then in my lower thigh it has spasms (I think, not sure what that feels like). My thigh is VERY sensative to the touch, hurts to even wear loose pants on them. Does anyone else have this problems? Know what it might be?

Thanks! And God Bless!
    MissyTx
  2. jkd7058

jkd7058 New Member

You'll find many people here have had this same thing. It's so great to come here and know you're not crazy.

Also had feeling like I was being bitten. My doctor upped my dose of neurontin and it mostly went away. Still get is a little sometimes.
  3. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

everywhere! Also the little "bites" by the invisble beasties. But there's never anything there. This drove me crazy until I found out that others with FM have it. It's one of those phenomenon that is neurologically based. It doesn't happen that often, but when it does, it lasts for awhile, then goes away again.

JoAnn
  4. Yolapa

Yolapa New Member

You may want to do a search on Restless Leg Syndrome, which sounds like what you are describing. It commonly occurs with FM.
  5. Aeryn

Aeryn New Member

I'll turn around in the street to wonder how I got splashed. My pants are dry but my leg feels like it got hit with little cold droplets! So strange!

6. BBlumr

BBlumr New Member

I get the same sensations - bugs crawling, but I never thought that the water drop was related to the FM. When I'm washing dishes I'm sure i've let the water run over only to find the floor around me dry, but yet I feel like my feet are getting wet. Weird

Barbara
  7. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Missy, I'm finding that FMS people are soooo much alike it's scary. When I read your post, I remembered this bug sensation a lot when I was younger. I believe I had FMS since I was 10. I used to complain to my poor mother about bugs crawling up my legs and sometimes up my arms.

Since I was such a sickly child, and all those doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me, my parents were at their wits end. I still get that sensation now, but not as frequently as before. I don't know if this sensation is connected to FMS or not, but nothing surprises me anymore. Hugs, Chelz.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The creepy/crawly feeling is caused by cells just under the skin which release histamine. A little Children's Benadryl will often help with it.

Muscle spasms and some of the creepy/crawly feelings are caused by the constant state of slight seizure in our brains from the misfiring/overfiring of the neurons. Go to our library and read Dr. Cheney's article on Klonopin. It does an excellent job of explaining insomnia, muscle spasms/RLS, anxiety/panic attacks, and sensory overload.

Love, Mikie