:Do U spend a lot of time online?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Oct 20, 2009.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Well, not to fear, there's a bona fide POSITIVE REASON to be online, now....

Adults with little Internet experience show changes in their brain activity after just one week online, a new study finds.

The results suggest Internet training can stimulate neural activation patterns and could potentially enhance brain function and cognition in older adults. . .

rest of article at:

I always knew it was better than just channel surfing in front of the TV!!!

[This Message was Edited on 10/21/2009]
  2. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I feel a difference (when I can handle being on computer).

At a certain point it becomes too much. (overload or over stimulation)

It's a positive tool when you find the right balance (which changes day to day for me)
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

balance is what it's all about!

What did our parents' generation and the ones before that say? Moderation in all things... gets truer and truer every day!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, Victoria. I did get your message from Laurie and JimB let me know about June's asking about me here too. I replied to Laurie's e-mail and asked her to forward it to you. Drop me a line if you would like. I would love to hear from you. I've changed my e-address a couple of times since you have last e-mailed me.

Sounds as though you are enjoying living in Mexico. I'm glad. I do feel better living in a warm climate. I'm planning on visiting family just before Christmas in CO. I'm taking my skis as Andy has learned to turn his little skis and I want to ski with him. The kids have a condo in Keystone.

Sending you warm hugs. BTW, since I've been feeling so crappy, my Spanish has come to a grinding halt. I can't learn a new language when I'm so tired.

Love, Mikie
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Not as much time as I used to--my computer has a terrible buzzing sound that drives me nuts so 10 minutes max a couple of times a day.