Do u tell ur dr all the embarrasing things u can't do anymore?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Aug 10, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

There was a post on here once about not being able to bath everyday anymore. I'm just wondering if I should tell my dr this cause she'd probably put it in the file. They told me they put everything in the file now and it's computerized. I hate telling anyone I can't bath everyday cause I'm too sick and weak sometimes. I don't even tell my mom and sisters,I don't see them everyday.I even hate saying it here and I'll never actually see any of you.LOL.. But on the other hand if I tell her this kind of stuff does that mean it would reflect better on my case when I file for SSD. Did that make sense. The more we tell and the more she writes that I can't do anymore the better,right? I'm so confused anymore. So much to think about.

Thanks,Keke
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I take a shower sitting on a chair in the bathtub.It;s the only way to get clean somedays.Linda
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

You really should be able to tell your doctor the truth about these things and all the other embarassing things.

Let him/her keep it on file so when the day comes for SSD the information will already be there.

Please don't be too embarrased by this...we're sick and we struggle through the days. It's certainly not our fault.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  4. lightnerbride

lightnerbride New Member

I tell all if I can get them to listen. I walk into my PCP and get prescriptions filled and then they are walking me out the door I am really worried that my PCP I've had the last 2 years due to insurance issues is going to hurt my SSA case. I just got new insurance so back to my old PCP I get to go with hope they are as caring as before!
    A
  5. MsE

MsE New Member

Not unless I think it is symptomatic of something else, worse, or curable. :)
  6. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

I haven't told my doctor everything either. Just feel sometimes the doctors don't get it, so why tell them more stuff that may sound crazy to them. I had my SSD hearing the 10th of last month, and I won my case. I was surprized at all the things I was expecting to be asked but wasn't. It went so much easier than I thought it would. So guess the doctors and judge heard enough without having to give them all the details.

I'm not advising you not to tell more. Just saying I wouldn't worry too much. Give them as clear a picture as you can and then don't keep worrying about it.

Barb
  7. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I totally understand what you are saying and I feel much the same. Mine is more like I think that my doctors are tired of hearing me talk about all of my problems. Doesn't that "take the cake?" I do feel that way ...

I find that when I take my husband with me I'm able to tell her more about different problems I've noticed. My husband says I shouldn't feel that I bother the doctors; perhaps it's because I sense that the doctors feel helpless to do anything about some of the problems I have. (?) Just a though and question in my mind.

Warm wishes, Jeannette
  8. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

you shouldnt feel bad, look at it this way, i am able to take a shower everday but i choose not to because it very good to have our natural oils on our skin and not washed away everyday. the oil protects the skin and keeps in moisture. look at it like a spa treatment.:) your skin is loving u for not washing it everyday.have a peaceful night Keke
    Amy
  9. ChristineInPA

ChristineInPA New Member

I know it might be embarassing, but I tell my Dr. everything. Having it noted in your file is a very good thing.

If you can't bathe properly, tell him and make sure the specifics are there, like "can't bathe properly due to pain in back and dizziness".

These are the very things SS is looking for.