Do we always have lyme? Does it go away?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Kimba4318, May 31, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi , I have MVP and Fibromyalgia. I have tested positive for Lyme twice. I do not know if that means I will always have it or I was reinfected after the first episode. I cannot help but wonder if all of my joint pain and swelling and sever fatigue can be because I need to be on abtibiotics for Lyme disease again. Can anyone fill me in on if it stays in your system or if you are treated and done with it? I would really appreciate your help. I have just left a mess. for my doc to request a lab slip for Lyme disease so I can get my blood drawn and see what it is saying. he may just do a basic test, which from what I am reading here, may not be good enough. Thank you in advance for your input. Kim
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Kim you have lyme! Don't have a lot of time to go into detail but I'm sure others will post soon.
    Yes you need to find a Lyme Doc soon. Join lymenet and go to seeking a Doctor to find one in you area.
    All top lyme docs say FM is just a misdiagnosed case of lyme. You can get better with the proper treatment!

jay
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

The LLMDs say unless you are treated immediately after first being infected, it will remain in your system... and may stay anyway... they don't really know yet, there are over 100 varieties of the Lyme Bb in N. America. And many don't know they have it, one can be asymptomatic until stressed physically and/or emotionally.

My son was positive on first test last May and the second test last November even tho on abx the whole time...

Even when it goes into remission, it is felt pts with chronic lyme will have to do preventive rounds of abx... it is because the spirochetes can be INSIDE any tissue cells, hiding out.

I hope you go to an LLMD instead of depending on your regular doctor... go to the ilads.org or lyme flashnet.org to get a referral to a good LLMD doctor - it will be worth your time & money.

all the best,
    Victoria
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

I will go on that site now and try to find a doctor. It woudl be wonderful if I could be treated for the Lyme and possibly start feeling better - since there does not seem to be a good treatment yet for FM. Maybe that woudl change my life (hoping and praying). I am just feeling myslef slipping into a deep depression thinking this is it! I have to keep hope though, that I can get some help or relief. Thank you again!