Do We Have "A Day" For CFS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marta608, May 9, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I read what prickles wrote to bring attention to FM and to May 12th. Since CFS and FM aren't lumped together as often any more, does CFS have a day of recognition?

Perhaps we do, perhaps I know it but I just can't think of it.....

Marta
  2. Roseblossom

Roseblossom Member

May 12th is National Awareness Day for chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome (also known as myalgic encephalomylitis or CFS), fibromyalgia, gulf war syndrome and multiple chemical sensitivities syndrome.

Any of the CFIDS/CFS/ME, or other syndrome websites have lots of information including ways to inform & educate.

Roseblossom
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Then I hope those writing press releases and articles won't forget to include CFS, etc. While CFS/FM are often simultaneous, they aren't always but they're both debilitating.

Thanks.

Marta

4. pepper

pepper New Member

May 12 was called "CFS Awareness Day" because that was Florence Nightingale's birthday and it is believed that she suffered with CFS during the last half of her life. Since then it has been expanded to include FM and other chronic illnesses.

Pepper
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

That's what I thought but it seems the discussion here surrounding 5/12 has been FM Recognition Day. Thanks, Pepper.

Thank you, too, Prickles.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 05/10/2006]