Do We Have a Ribbon Color?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnnG, May 2, 2003.

1. AnnG

AnnG New Member

I know those ribbons can get very annoying. It seems everyone has a cause and a ribbon BUT I would love to wear one on May 12th and reach the "common folk". It would be a great opening to inform people about FM. Anybody have any idea?
  2. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I know there are pins but I don't know about a ribbon. If we could choose a ribbon color I would pick "rainbow" colored ones just as a reminder that our pot of gold is at the end of it. It would be nice if someone gave me a map so I could find the end of the rainbow faster. :)
  3. AnnG

AnnG New Member

Here is what I found!

Why there is no Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Day
    Author Unknown

Nobody could remember when it was.

Nobody could remember the color of the ribbons.

We couldn't find a ribbon color that wasn't already used that coordinated with all colors of sweats.

The ribbon's pin pushed on a trigger point.

Patients with Fibromyalgia couldn't fold the ribbon into the proper shape.

How could there be an awareness day for something that doesn't exist?

Patients with Fibromyalgia are too depressed to get out of bed and attend a rally.

Social Security would use the ability to rally as proof of our ability to work.

Everyone kept getting paper cuts trying to fold all the flyers.

The bags carrying our meds were too heavy to carry.

No one wanted to leave home overnight because they couldn't pack their beds.

Someone had to hold the planning meeting, and nobody's house was clean enough.

Someone set up a massage booth, and it got so crowded it collapsed. Since everyone was in the booth at that time, there was no one left to rally.

Everyone wanted the same bumper stickers *See, I Told You I Was Sick!* and the printers ran out!

There weren't enough porta-potties in the state for the folks with Irritable Bowel Syndrome!

The politicians suddenly realized the size of our voting block, and their media trucks filled all the parking spots.

Some doctor said it’s all in your head but they never found the body.

The booth offering *Chocolate Diet Pills* ran out in ten minutes.

The people using TENS units shorted out the Pacific power grid.

10 percent of the crowd went into flare at the same time, and the resulting glow melted the ice caps at both poles!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. ForeverFlaring

I forgot LOL

Can I blame it on brainfog? :)
  5. lynnkat

lynnkat New Member

Anng---thanks for the laugh! It is gloomy and rainy here in Kansas today but your list about fibro really brightened my day. You deserve a rainbow!!! (((HUGS))) lynnkat
  6. ForeverFlaring

I am deliriously giggling here!!

Where did you find it? I LOVE It!!
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It is purple, my favorite color and my birthstone too.

Is there a connection there?????

Well, its the color of 'Royalty' if thats any consolation.

Shalom, Shirl
  8. AnnG

AnnG New Member

I was scared it would be taken wrong!

I also just found out that the reason May 12 is our day is because it is Florence Nightingale's birthday. They think it is very possible that she suffered from FM or CFIDS (she was bedridden ALOT!) and yet look at what she accomplished with her life! Very cool!
  9. kgg

kgg New Member

You gave me a smile.
  10. pam_d

pam_d New Member

.....since, like in the poem, so few people really "see" our illness.....cute poem, by the way, & how true!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  11. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

As a life-long Washington Husky, presently living in the heart of Oregon Duckville, I heartily support the wearing of Husky Purple & Gold all year long. It's not just for football anymore!
    Kathryn
  12. Notonline

Notonline New Member

Thanks I needed that!!! Today is starting off to be another one of those "crummy" days for me...really needed that laugh!!!!
  13. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Since I have both FMS and CMP, call them our Medal of Honor Pin's, because they do award Medals to Survivors, and that's what we are so far. So the Colors do fit.

Don't stick yourselves, (I do that all the time putting on pins to hold on thoes cute little name tags, glad most now use the sticky back one.s)

kredca4/sharon
  14. babyblues68

babyblues68 New Member

I especially liked the one about IBS.
  15. KayL

KayL New Member

you beat me to it!

Karen
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Purple and gold were our school colors at Boulder High School and we were the Panthers. I was in the Pep Club and our purple sweaters had gold panthers on them right across the boobs. The boys would always say to us, "Can I pet your panther?" Thanks for the laugh and the trip down memory lane.

Love, Mikie
  17. starstella

starstella New Member

loved the poem. Any humourous look at our situation always gives me a lift.
    also....the reference to florence nightingale was also a moral boost....see how hard we work to accomplish things despite our suffering...
  18. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Thanks, I was up almost the entire night again inpain 3wks. now doing all sorts of tricks to get 1 nights sleep. So I probably would forget. Funny my friend filing for disabity told me the same thing if he joined me now. Was a goodmorning laugh, yet, sad because it is true!!!

Purple is one of my favorite colors too, people say I wear it well maybe I should wear only a ribbon on May 12, wonder if I would get someone to hear me then! On second thought I better find Mickie`s surgeon 1st.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2003]
  19. lagm31

lagm31 New Member

PURPLE AND GOLD...In my home town paper there was an article relating to PURPLE RIBBONS--Recognizing Sexual Assual Victims. So I am in the process of finding the ribbon with the PURPLE and GOLD in it to tie around my trees and put with the sign in my yard HONORING MAY 12th. Since I am also a victim to this DD.....
    To Anng--I needed the good laugh for the day. I am going to print that and post it on my refrig for others to read. Thank you. Lagm
  20. AnnG

AnnG New Member

I have always wanted to be a princess. This may be my only chance! I want a tiara too. Hey, how about FM/CFIDS tiaras?! OK, I guess the guys wouldn't want one.