Do We Have Moderators on This Board Anymore?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Nov 5, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

There have been some things going on here that need to be handled by the moderators or the higher-ups...some very unkind and hurtful things being said.

I have not seen a moderator post in a very long time on this board, and I am a daily user and read and post quite a bit. (Forgive me...Carlene did post something the other day that was happening in her life.) But, other than that, there hasn't been a visable...let me stress visable...presence here lately.

I hope someone can answer this question. Thankfully, people here are generally supportive and polite, and when situations come up, usually they can be handled by the very mature of this group...and those who simply don't get involved...but we still read and we are upset about some things that are happening that need to be addressed.

So, if there are moderators, I would ask you to take a look around and see the what's up. We would appreciate your assessment and your action.

Sue
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

if you see something upsetting for you and/or others you can always use the 'Alert' button and the moderators will get round to it eventually.

I used it tonight but the moderators cant be on, but they will get round to it, they always do.

love
    Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2005]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

With Nanna's and my not moderating anymore and with Shirl's still recovering from Katrina, I think the admin. and moderators at ProHealth are doing the best they can.

When you see a thread with problems, click on the little triangle in the lower left-hand corner of the post in question. A window will open up and allow you to click on an automated response to a moderator. If the situation hasn't been rectified, a moderator will check it out.

I've done this several times when I've seen questionable things. They really do respond.

Love, Mikie
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I did that today...I hope they will be there to see the the alerts and check on why we have used them.

I would think that moderators have shifts or some sort of schedule to be on the board and interact and monitor it. But, I guess that's not the case. Possibly they will respond to my alert.

Thank you for your reply.

Blessings,
    Sue
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I dont think there are enough moderators to do shift work but someone will look into our alerts.

I only do it when I think someone is being really rude and nasty, it's just not necessary.

love
    Rosie
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I did click, and we'll see if they respond. It is hard when staff is down, and we are adults, but there are some things that need to be addressed and we do not have the power or authority to do this. Thus...the moderators.

Again, thank you, and hope your day is going well.

Sue

PS..Rosie: The same with me...when things are not necessary and hurt people. It's not a usual thing with me. [This Message was Edited on 11/05/2005]
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am sorry that I am unable to be online often, but do check the board when my computer will allow me too. We are still having serious service problems because of Katrina, and of course the health problems, and family problems that it also caused in La.

If you do not get a quick response from the Alert button, then just email me at Pro Health, just put for Shirl in the title line and it will be sent to me personally. I will try to help as much as I am able to get on the board.

It seems this hurricane has upset us more than anyone outside this area can possibly imagine.

Shalom, Shirl

8. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

I'm sure I made a comment in a post last night but with my memory I'm not really sure.

I remember typing out "I'm glad I'm not the only one here with a bad memory"

I know I typed it out but maybe I didn't submit it, I can't find it now?

If I offended someone would they let you know? Or would I be left guessing what happened?

Would a comment like that be considered rude? I'm just trying to figure out if my brain fog is making me confused or did I offend someone?
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

That is good information to know. I know that your circumstances right now limit you ability to be here online as often as you used to be...I'm sure Katrina has sorely affected your life in so many ways, but am glad God took care of you during it.

You aren't the only moderator here, are you? I know that some have left for good reasons, but I assumed that others would be hired or whatever. One person couldn't do it all alone.

So, I will remember your note, and I will write you if there is a need. You take care of yourself and family and do pray that your life will be getting back to normal more and more each day.

Blessings,
    Sue
  10. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I don't know of anything you said that would make anyone upset, and I am refering to another matter altogether. So, don't worry. I believe they do let you know about a problem, so if you don't get contacted, there's not a problem.

OK? Hope you're having a good day.

Sue
  11. windblade

windblade Active Member

Our moderators are volunteers; not professionals like the
    pro-health people.
    I think Sharon, who volunteers has been carrying a heavy load by herself with others gone for awhile.

Elsa had a post recently describing who did what. Not sure, but I think it is the pro-health people who respond to the button.

Hope it gets straightened out.

Take care.
  12. 57Wagon

57Wagon New Member

This memory thing of mine is really bad at times. I guess I didn't post it after I typed it. LOL

Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself.
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I keep you in my prayers. Please let us know how the tests turn out.

Love, Mikie
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

You, my dear, have a lot on your plate! I am so sorry about all of your health issues, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

I am learning much about moderators and about the staff of Pro-Health. So, if they keep office hours, M-F 8-5, then anything on the weekends or after that time will not be answered. Now that I know that, know that the moderators are volunteers (WOW), and how to get to you guys by writing an e-mail and addressing it to you, I'm set. I rarely find anything that seems inappropriate to me so this probably won't be info I use all the time, but it's good to understand the system so I can know what to expect.

Yes, this is a large group of very kind, mature people. Some wander in and make trouble but usually wander right back out. Some just have a bad day and write things they wouldn't at another time. So, as we do monitor ourselves...I take responsibility for my actions and words...there usually isn't much trouble. But, there are cases and that's when we need "the long arm of the law" to step in! (-:

You take care of yourself, and please let us know about your ultrasound...that is a troubling dx. I, along with you, hope meds will keep it in check.

Thank you for your response.

Sue
  15. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

You must be really worried about your health. You will be remembered in prayers always. In spite of it all, you continue to help us here. I am so grateful for your presence here.
    This really is a wonderful board and for the most part,it runs well. Occasionally, misunderstandings have to be sorted out.
    Do take care. Your health is the most important thing.

Kathy.