Do we have to pay for Medicaid?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rachelle01, Sep 29, 2008.

1. rachelle01

rachelle01 New Member

I was approved for SS disability earlier this year, and become eligible for Medicaid in January...do we have to pay for this?

Rachelle
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I live in Utah.

I do not pay for for Medicaid. What beneifits do you recieve?

If you recieved mediciad while waiting for ss then you pay back for time on it.
    I also do not pay for medicare benefits .

Hope this helps
  3. rachelle01

rachelle01 New Member

Im in Michigan....I wont be eligible until January. I have my own individual BCBS that I pay for right now, but it doesnt cover much.
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Medicaid is a welfare program. Medicare is the insurance for those on SS or SSD. It takes longer than two years on SSD before one is eligible for Medicare unless one is 65. There is no cost for Medicare, Part A (hospitalization) if one has the required quarters of having paid into SS. Part B (medical) is optional. If one does not take it when one is eligible, the cost to take it later is greater; however, if one has other insurance or is insured by a spouse, there is no penalty for waiting. Medicare Part D (medications) is included with some plans but additional with others. If one is ready for Medicare, it is a good idea to talk to a broker to find out which plan is best.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Medicaid is a welfare program. Medicare is the insurance for those on SS or SSD. It takes longer than two years on SSD before one is eligible for Medicare unless one is 65. There is no cost for Medicare, Part A (hospitalization) if one has the required quarters of having paid into SS. Part B (medical) is optional. If one does not take it when one is eligible, the cost to take it later is greater; however, if one has other insurance or is insured by a spouse, there is no penalty for waiting. Medicare Part D (medications) is included with some plans but additional with others. If one is ready for Medicare, it is a good idea to talk to a broker to find out which plan is best.

Love, Mikie
  6. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

If you are on Medicaid then there is no cost, my roommate is on Medicaid. However there are only certain doctors, dentists and stuff that you can see. If you call your local Medicaid office and tell them the area you live in they will give you all the doctors and stuff who take Medicaid in your area. Also, most pharmacies take Medicaid as well.

Now, my roommate is on SSI not SSDI.