Do we lack brain enzyme that converts calories into energy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hinemoa, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

I read this recently and put the idea to my Doctor whose speciality is endocrinology. He said that he could definitely accept this possibility.

In a thread today, Billcamo (I think; memory is fuzzy) said that he had to force himself to eat and he STILL gained weight. I have the same dilemma and nothing seems to help.
    My family tells me not to worry because I have "only gained a few pounds". I had maintained a good weight for several years but have steadily gained in the last while.

I am wondering if anyone here has seen mention of the above possibility and what they think of it..???

Thanks...and Love,

Sandra

[This Message was Edited on 08/04/2003]
  2. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

And I'm bumping again.

The weight gain that most of us get seems incomprehensible to me and I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions.

Plus if you have any ideas for weight loss I would love to hear them.

Peace,

Sandra
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

And very applicable to me, as I really watch what I eat, but it does seem that I have no energy and don't burn anything I eat off.. Where did you get this theory and do you know what brain chemical is responsible and how to change the fact?

Plantscaper
  4. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

I saw it on the Internet. How dumb an answer is that?

No, seriously, I do have a copy of it because I showed it to my DR. I will search through my multitudinous stack of print-offs and check back with you.

I do remember, or at least I think I do, I can never be sure of that anymore, that it was just a short paragraph and a bald statement. No attempt at naming the enzyme was made and no idea of how to fix this deficiency was given. Helpful huh?

Thanks for your interest,

Peace,

Sandra

5. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Sounds like a good theory to me and I don't know why you have not gotten more responses..I do know that many of us have insulin resistance (which I have), so we really have to be careful with the CARBS..but I watch it, closely, and still do not seem to burn off the calories and I exercise as much as I can..whereas, my aging father can eat anything and does not gain a pound..GO FIGURE..