Do we lack protein?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by peachrie, Aug 2, 2006.

1. peachrie

peachrie New Member

Hello,

I was hoping to ask you a question about an FM cause?

I recently read an article that said that FM is caused by protein deficiency. I was surprised to find out that we need 60 g of protein a day. I've been a vegetarian and I thought I got enough proteins through tofu and soy but I guess not. Since last week I made my diet majorly protein, with egg whites, chicken, and whey proteins shakes. I'm also taking betaine-hcl enzyme supplements that are supposed to help break down the protein.

I'm really hoping that this will help because I've tried so many things with no avail. Has anyone found improvement in such a diet? The theory is that the protein will help rebuild damaged muscle, ligament etc.

Thanks!
  2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Have you tried white beans? I read that white beans are very good for you, of course any kinds of beans, but these have more protein.

Just thought I'd let you know,

BlueSky555
  3. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I grew up eating heavy duty animal protein; then became allergic to chicken & eggs; stopped all animal foods, except for the occasional fish.

If I eat too much protein, I become "acidic", and then I have to deal with everything that comes with that.......upset stomach, Gerd, I.C., etc.

Can't tolerate amino acids anymore, so I'm stuck with what I "can" eat. May not be what's "best", but my body pretty much rules.

Frustrating!!

LIGHT************carole
  4. peachrie

peachrie New Member

yup white beans are yummy too :)

believe it or not, whole grain bread has 5 g of protein per slice.