Do ya know about rehab assist?Get money for Disab& school

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Nov 9, 2005.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

My sis is going to college,she's 45. She's been telling me what she's hearing in school. There is a place called rehab,don't know the real name that people are going to and getting assistance. You have to get disabled from your DR and they will access you also then according to what she's hearing people are getting living expenses from them. Ever heard of this? I don't know yet if they assist you only if you go to school. My sis was thinking I might be able to cut back at work and get some assistance from them but I don't think so. She said her stepdaughter told them she had a back injury and she's getting help,course she's goin to school parttime. I told her to find out what she could but that I don't have any desire to go to college. I wouldn't be able to take that either. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and has any info it would be appreciated.

Thanks,Keke
  2. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

but it sounds like she's talking about the financial aid department of the college.

They can assist you with schooling, bills, and extra money for certain expenses. If you meet certain criteria, finacially, you may also qualify for free schooling and low income housing. That would come through DES. You'd need to check with them, and that would be the first place I would start.

Then, I'd go to the college and check on their financial aid program. If you have not yet applied for disability through the government, SSD, you will want to do that, too.

Good luck! PG
  3. Des2nee

Des2nee New Member

Could it be a vocational retraining program? I know they have one here. I think its through your local department of social services.

Good luck
    Des
  4. pinkstar

pinkstar New Member

i think she is talking about the Office of Vocational Rehab.. some provide you with living expense money and help you find jobs... i just got a counselor with them so i can't tell you too much... but i'll let you know when i find out more...
    -Lauryn
  5. wangotango

wangotango New Member

my pre-med courses and i scored high enough on a IQ test they will pay for anything else in the future. i am in missouri. be welll bill