Do you all Have cell Phones??

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sisland, Jan 2, 2007.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

Just wondering if you all use the other Hi-Tech things that are out on the market? All i Have is this Dell P.C. and a 27" TV The General Electric Kind! Lol! Oh Yeah and a Phone!

My Girls Have all the Hoopla like Cells, MP3 players, Digital cameras with printer Docks, X-Box, Playstations You Name it! I can see Where the Cells would come in very Handy !! And I'm Glad they Have them! saves them from having to pay for regulas phone service!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,My point being that When i Grew up we had one telephone and a little T.V. that Maybe sometimes we could get one channel on! LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Wow Has the world changed Electronictly since i was a kid!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We Never had Computers in school it was just Typewriters!! Go Figure! Guess i'm just old School! But i Love it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,S
  2. mary124

mary124 New Member

I have of course, a computer. A digital camera, which we just got a couple of months ago, still trying to figure out how to use it! One of my sons have a playstation and a laptop. Both kids have TV's, DVD's in their bedrooms.

I agree with you, when we were growing up, we had 1 TV and that was in the livingroom.
  3. sisland

sisland New Member

Oh Yeah I forgot the Laptops! 2 of my girls have them. And Yes over the years They have had to teach their Mom how to use all the new stuff!,,,,,,,,,,,Lol
  4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

No. I don't go anywhere that I need one. Besides, I like to be unreachable sometimes unlike young folks today with their phones and beepers.

Goodness, I sound ancient.

5. caffey

caffey New Member

Every woman needs to have one even if it is for emergencies. I have one and use a phone card. I only activate it when in an emergency. Sure paid off when I ran out of gas and needed to get help a couple of weeks ago.
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have a MacBook Pro laptop, and a Mac desktop and a Windows desktop that my son made about 4 years ago or so.

I have a iPod Shuffle and use iTunes on the Macs and even make CD's from iTunes songs I buy and get free, and can play them on my stereo in my office.

My son got us a 42" plasma HDTV in May 2006, with money he got from an injury settlement. Good thing because a month later our 27" TV that was over 10 years old broke.

In the family room we have a digital cable HD DVR box and now we record programs on the DVR instead of using a VCR. Boy, I surely love it. Wish we could afford the digital boxes with DVR upstairs in my bedroom and office.

I love how technology has gone and find it hard to keep up with all of it.

Take care,

7. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Yes, I have a cellphone and now even my daughters have prepaid cellphones and that was mostly for my peace of mind because they leave for school after I leave for work. However, I was one of the last people to finally get a cellphone, back in 2000 or 2001.

I finally got rid of dial-up and got high-speed internet.

I still have a regular 25" tv in my living room. It's not a flat-screen. I have a measly 13" tv in my bedroom (which was originally supposed to be the girls' tv). Yes, I grew up on one tv in the living room, and you only got about 7 channels and out of those, only about 3 came in crystal clear.

I have an old laptop (Windows 98 from 1999) and my daughters have a computer that my uncle, who does that for a living, built for them.

My tv in the bedroom has a built-in vcr. I'm hoping to update to a 20" with a vcr and dvd player. I have one vcr and one dvd player in the living room. The girls have a dvd player on their computer.

If I get a decent enough tax refund, I'm hoping to have enough, after paying some bills, to get a 32 or 37" flatscreen tv for the living room. I already have someone interested in buying my 25".

I've very frugal, but I've gotten to the point where I love convenience--------I don't like to have to 'rig' things to make them work or settle for old things that lack the features that I desire. I'd rather pay for quality appliances and electronics every few years(of course, not going overboard AND only if they are going bad) than party every payday or buy $300 worth of clothes every payday.
  8. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

But I just learned that if you are poor or infirm or old, you can get a free cell phone to use for emergencies. It is somewhere on the web. I fit all three!!!

Love Annie Cromwell
  9. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I applied for a free phone almost 6 months ago and still haven't gotten mine. I've called several times and been told they've had some problems. I'm a senior, and qualify but now apparently they also load it up with only 60 min. and if you don't use it after 3 months its gone. To reload costs quite a lot, so I'm just doing without a cell phone.
  10. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

my brother bought me one in September for my birthday though I dont know why, I rarely go out.

It does all sorts of things but I only know how to make a phone call........have to learn.

11. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I don't have a cell phone, I did for years but after being diagnosed and my social life being nonexistant I gave it up because it was just an added cost that I didn't want or need. My boys all have one though and for safety reasons I would never let them go without.

I have a new digital camera that I got for a Christmas gift from my parents that I am just learning how to use, I have an old 27" TV, digital cable with a DVR which I would never give up, I love being able to record my favorite TV shows.
    We all have smaller TV's in our bedrooms and of course the boys have Playstation's and all the games, but really I live pretty simply and that is all we have.

Crazy isn't it, I remember we only had CBS, NBC and ABC plus one educational station growing up AND you had to get up off your hiney to change the channel with the knob! LOL
    Isn't that just so funny? My kids would never be able to handle it!

12. sisland

sisland New Member

replies! Oh yeah i forgot i Have a DvD player and an old VcR in the closet! I Rarley use the Dvd player! sounds like we all have what we are comfortable useing!

I Definetly want to get a Digital camera soon!It's just something i have put off Buying! Not sure why! I Bought a Trac phone a few years ago but Havn't used it for about 3 years now!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Denitley agree that the cells come in very Handy for emergencys and road trips,,,S
  13. kriket

kriket New Member

You can get the prepaid card phones and keep some minutes on them at least for emergencies. My car broke down one time in the middle of no where, I was so thankful for my cell phone as a girl was just carjacked in the same location while sitting in her car broke down the week before.

[This Message was Edited on 01/02/2007]