Do you all send out Christmas Cards?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fibrobutterfly, Dec 1, 2006.

1. I always have, but less and less it seems. It takes forever to write them out, costs alot . I have gotten to pretty much sending them to those who send them to me and a few others.
  2. Callum

Callum New Member

Our Christmas cards go out on the first of December. I usually start writing them about November 10th, so I can do only four to five a day.

For me, it's an important way to keep in touch with all the people I've met through theatre, who live in different states - just a way to touch base.

I wonder what would happen if I started a bad flare in November - would I feel like a failure if I didn't send them out?
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

The last two years with the deaths of our fathers close to the seasons, I just haven't sent anything. This year, I want to send some out to touch bases with some old friends.

I know that Christmas card sending is way down, but there are some people I just don't hear from unless at Christmas, I'd like to get back into it.

Hoepfully we can all do what is important to us and not just what's expected.

Good thread.

4. caffey

caffey New Member

I send as few as possible. The rest I send e-cards. Certainly is cheaper.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

7 cards a year for the past 20 years or so. Now I'm down to two cards and 4 e mails.

6. I have heard your supposed to send them out mainly to people you DON'T see often. That's usually what I do along with a few others.
  7. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I do send cards, but have trimmed down the list.

Of course, I wait until the last moment. Love that extra stress and pressure! Makes for many happy moments! LOL

I like the idea of putting Fibro info in! Good one!

Happy Holidays!

8. joyfully

joyfully New Member

nope, takes way too much effort.
  9. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Every year! We take a family photo and send out cards. I love going to the mailbox during Christmas time. It makes me so happy to get cards from family and friends and to see how everyone is doing. Kim :)
  10. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

In order to get you must give!

With that being said everyear is different as to how many i get out, depending on how i feel, and how long i've procrastinated.

11. pamj

pamj New Member

Our list is usually just under 60. I don't go over that number because most cards are ordered in groups of 20 :)

We've been using a photo card each year that shows something significant from that year. It's something that we can appreciate as the years go on... As I look through our xmas card scrapbook, it tells our story starting in San Francisco through now... here's some of our years:

- in a SF cable car wearing santa hats
    - on a stone wall in Napa with a vineyard in the back
    - on a SF beach with the golden gate bridge behind us
    - wedding pic in maui
    - in front of Boston harbor with skyline behind (year we moved back to mass)
    - in front of new house sitting on new Harley with santa hats
    - in front of newly framed addition in santa hats
    - this year I'm using a CFS awareness card with a photo of us wearing Ashley's shirts in front of the xmas tree

Our friends and family all say they look forward to our cards, so they know what we've been up to. For us, it's a good way to make sure we keep in touch with people from out of state, and across the sea. I love getting cards from others too, I keep a scrapbook of the photo cards I receive... it's fun to see the changes from year to year.

I've learned to print out address labels from a list I keep on the computer, so I don't have to address them. I also order the cards printed with our names, so we don't have to write on most of them (unless we want to add a note).

It's the one area that I don't mind splurging on :)

take care,

[This Message was Edited on 12/02/2006]
  12. kriket

kriket New Member

but I don't anymore.

13. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

I still love to send out cards. I try to have a family picture inside, and I do a family letter. I have many friends who I do not keep in close contact with, but enjoy hearing what they and their families have been up to during the past year, and they tell me that they enjoy hearing what we have been up to during the past year.

I also love to get cards in the mail, and it brings such a smile to my face to see the changes in all of my friends families as they grow up. I keep all the photos and put them into my Christmas scrapbooks. It is so nice to look back and see these photos over the years.

14. findmind

findmind New Member

I have 30 from the National CFIDS Foundation, they have an important explanation of CFS on them. They have educated many of my friends and family.

They are at, and all proceeds go to research.

It's important to me to keep in contact with people I don't see or talk to often; it helps with the sense of isolation one feels with CFS and/or FM, too.

Almost as important to me as funding research that the NCF does,LOL!!

Don't put pressure on yourself; my recipients don't care if they get them after the holidays!

Happy holidays, cherished memories, to yo all...

15. mary124

mary124 New Member

I still send out cards, but not as much as I use too. Maybe less than 15 or so. Most of mine are by e-mail. I give them out in the office as well.
  16. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I love receiving Christmas cards so that means I have to send them too!

Christmas cards are like a gift to me! There is nothing like opening our mailbox at the end of our long laneway after trudging through the snow and finding a handful of Christmas cards to read and decorate the mantle with!

hugs Redwillow
  17. kiki2three

kiki2three New Member

I love sending out Christmas cards I love the old traditions and remember my grandma saying one time. "It was so nice to know someone thought enough of her to take the time to send a card." So we've cut back but still this year probably around 75. I start early in Nov. getting them done, no special writing just a little line and who it's from. The smile comes when you get a card and not a bill out of box. I truly do enjoy the old traditions, I also do Christmas Stockings for the kids, and grans.

Love, Hugs and Prayers,

[This Message was Edited on 12/06/2006]
  18. Pottersclay

Pottersclay New Member

I just sent about 50 or so to church folks where I go.

Now I need to do family and friends.