Do You believe in Divine intervention?

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by LPN_11, Dec 10, 2003.

1. LPN_11

LPN_11 New Member

Do you believe in divine intervention? I do! This story really happened to us. My husband had been hurt in an accident, and after a long period of time he finally recieved a tidy settlement from the insurance company. He went to collect it, being the onery fellow he sometimes can be he demanded that they cash the check at the bank it was drawn on (on a Friday afternoon at 3 pm)which they did with a little bit of grumbling.
    On his way home he decided to stop at a rest area and stretch his legs. He saw a young man approacing him, this made him a little nervous. But he stood right where he was and this man came up to him. He sort of stuttered a little bit but nevertheless he told my husband " I have never done this before," "we had to repair our car and could we sell you our stero for gas money?" My husband looked and saw a wife and three little kids in the car. This poor man was almost in tears because he thought he had to beg. But my husband thinking of his own children at the time 11,10 and 5 months old, told this young man " I came into a small windfall myself, you wait right here." He came to the car and got in his money bag and got that family a crisp new 100 dollar bill, told the young man to pass the favor on someday when he could. The man took it to the car and showed his wife, the oldest boy who looked about 9 asked his daddy if that was a 100 dollar bill, his father answered "Yes son it is" the child then replied "Daddy does this mean we get to eat tonight?" My husband and I were both in tears listening to this innocent little boy, but did it ever feel good to do a good thing for someone who was down on their luck just as we had been in the recent past.
    Talking about it later my husband told me that he just felt this undeniable urge to stop there and walk around, I told him it was just the Holy Spirit telling us there was someone in need of some help from some understanding people, and god new that we would understand because we had been there recently.
  2. Yesh

Yesh New Member

i have been there in the past, and the words it is better to give than receive gained new meaning. I use to think these words pertained to giving and receiving presents. With age comes wisdom, and I learned that it is better to be in a position to give than to be in a position of need.

God Bless
    Yesh

3. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

That was such a wonderful story.
    I do believe that the Holy Spirit did intervene on this and the Lord did lead your husband to that rest area to help those people that were in need.

Thank You so much for sharing this wonderful story with all of us.

Blessings, Judy

PSALM 112:9 He hath dispered, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour.
  4. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

YES YES YES I truely do. God is able to do all things!!
    I think that you were sent there to help him and his family.
    Thank you Lord.

Shirley
  5. Showers

Showers New Member

What blessing your husband was to that family.

Supernatural favor will rest upon you, and you will be blessed to be a blessing.

Just a short story

This summer I helped a couple I had just meet. I gave them rides many a times and did many favors for them. And to make a long story short after helping them , they kinda turned their backs on me.
    I felt hurt. But God told me don't be upset , YOU DID IT FOR ME. I no longer felt used but have peace .

6. Luann53051

Luann53051 New Member

Bless you and your family! What a wonderful and heartwarming story. I hope that someday, I will be able to help someone as you have---to "pass it on."

Hugs,
    Luann