Do you breakout in a sweat after you eat ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Oct 3, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Who knows what causes this ? I'll eat a meal and about 20 mins after it I start sweating terrible. I get like a heat flash. Anybody have this happen ?
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

Just went to an allergist to see if I was allergic to food. After a couple of blood works, everything came back negative.. I get so hot from within just about everytime I eat. It usually happens in the afternoon or at night. It's miserable.
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

mine gappens with a late dinner meal also
  4. tala

tala New Member

Have you been tested for hypoglycemia or diabetes?
    This happens to my husband and daughter often after a meal.
    Husb has been diagnosed with diab but with controlled diet along with Actos, he's able to do without insulin.

At the exact opposite extreme of the pole is me, I'm hypoglycemic and have a very different approach to eating.
    However if he could follow my eating habits, he'd be better off.

Now the problem, his doctor has him on Remeron for IBS
    (only bc he thinks his glucoma is narrow angle and it's NOT).
    I've checked with his eye dr and he said that only applies to about 94 % of the population !!
    Remeron has caused a 15 pound weight gain and I can't convince his doctor to understand this.
    So concequently, now he has high blood pressure, his glucose is slowly going up and he's miserable carrying around this much weight and afraid he's going to lose the circulation in his feet due to diabetes. However he walks almost daily at least 15 mins, closer to half an hour.

I'm so frustraited I could spit nails, and he thinks his dr can do now wrong. Geez, even our INS. man told us his dr isn't the only one in town.

Talk about frustraited !!

I've started taking guifenenson, 2 a.m., one p.m. and I'm here to testify the amount of energy it gives me, I feel better, want to go more places, do more things.
    Can anyone tell me the what and whys' on guifeneson?
    Had I known it would help this much, Iould've taken it a long time ago. My dr has given me a yrs supply and I'm
    estactic.
    I still have down days, but far and few between. While in the chat rooms, I've never ran into anyone that's currently taking guifeneson.
    Thanks for Listening,
    Tala
  5. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Yes. I have cut out the evening meal and will just drink a v-8 juice instead.
    Mini
  6. mindbender

mindbender New Member

It almost looks like I'm following you, But seriously.I chalk it up to food allergies. I have so many symptoms during each day, that I have to be quick about tracing their origin.