Do you consider that achy/flulike feeling to be pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Mar 18, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

The last 2 afternoons I have been FLOORED by that AWFUL achy feeling. What I normally do is lay down on the heating pad as hot as I can stand it, but I am wondering if pain medication is effective against this. Does anyone know?

I don't want to waste a pain pill if it is not going to affect me for this. I HATE this symptom the worst. My skin hurts and my muscles ache like I have the flu. You know what I mean, I know.

Sonya
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2006]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

the most debilitating pain, all over, like someone has kicked around from head to toe and the weakness.

I have to take a morphine based pain med, Pethedine (UK) but when I'm at my worst, these meds just mask the pain.

Try a pain pill, it should help a bit.

Or Try aspirin first like Hangin says, I'm going to.

But it isnt a waste of a pain med if it helps even a bit when you're like that.

love
    Rosie

3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

It sure is pain. It drains you alot, energy wise. I have to try to relieve it to be able to function as a parent.
  4. jane32

jane32 New Member

I get that flu like pain for three days every month at the start of my fever cycle. I don't count that as pain though...b/c it is more of an achey fluish ..viral symptom. It is annoying though I agree especially when I get it with the chills. I feel awful.

5. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

yes another pain in my arzzzzzz..lol
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I sure do consider that pain!!
    The all over massive body aches are hell on me!
    I suppose if it were a day or 2 here and there I woul/could cope~ But I have that feeling EVERY day!
    I wake up more tired and achin than before I fell asleep!
    and as the day progresses, so does the body pain.

It wears on ya alot!
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sonya:
    That is my mainstay: pain meds and heating pad: a daily routine. I do not think whether to take a pain pill or not-I just go ahead and do, as my doctor has ordered. I am in much better shape than when I walked into his office. I used to cry getting out of bed every day from the pain and the thought of the day to come. I could not find a comfortable position to sit in, I became anxious over it.
    A real mess.
    Yes, I know what you mean. I have the 'flu' often. It is usually relates to CFS, but then again: sometimes the flu is really the flu. Only a doctor knows for sure.
    Feel better.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  8. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

my fibro makes muscles feel sick and sore sometimes worse than others,and i get nausiated from pain being at its worse too ! soo yes i consider it a pain. onna
  9. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

hanginthere, yes I can take aspirin and will give that a try. I have been using Tylenol for pain lately with pretty good results with the exception of on week with HORRIBLE pain all day that I took Percocets for.

I have been drinking alot Diet Coke at work and am trying to cut back to see if that helps with the pain. I concidered the Percocet for the aches, but did not want to waste it since I do not have that many and have not been to the doc for pain pills yet.

Tylenol did absolutely nothing for the aches but thankfully it was near the end of the day and I was able to get home and in the bed soon after it hit me.

Prayers for everyone to feel better. I felt like God was trying to tell me something about healing on my way home from church today. I think I might have become too "comfortable" (accepting my fate) with my DD, maybe even taking pleasure in it in some strange way (don't know if that make any sense to anyone but I don't know how to explain it better) without really knowing it.

I prayed for the Lord to help any unbelief that I might be harboring regarding physical healing. I am going to try to stop taking a fatalistic view of "what will I feel like today" and start picturing myself with some energy and drive.

Love,
    Sonya
  10. taniar

taniar New Member

I have see aspirin suggested before.

What is the dosage you take?

thanks, tania