Do you Cry

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, Apr 11, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi,

I find myself crying daily due to frustration and despair of having lost my life and have no way of knowning when or how i am going to get it back.

Is there anybody else out there that has got CFS/ME and FM so bad they have no life but that of pain, mentally, pysically and emotionally.

Do you cry?

Shazzy
  2. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

hi shazzy i cry with pain from fm and now the doctor thinks im going into menopause!im 35 so i cry for good reason and whatever!lifes a bitch and well u know. cheer up i know it doesent help but im always here.
  3. NancyB19

NancyB19 New Member

Oh Shazzy,

I cry all the time. I have been diagnoised for about 6 yrs now and I still get so upset that this "monster" has taken my life away. Everything had to change and I am not the same person I was before this. I get so tired of the aching in my shoulders and neck. Sometimes the pain is unbearable. You are not alone. But remember one thing, the people that survive this are the fighters. You have to fight the hardest battle of your life not to let it consume you. This is not to say that you won't slide backwards to despair but you have to pick yourself up and keep right on fighting for your life, for your medical care and whatever comes between you and living. But its okay to cry, too. You have to be able to let out the stress and sadness FMS brings. Chin up, you are among people who care and understand completely what you are going through!
  4. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Yesterday they had the memorial service on for the soilders who were killed from the maintanence company and I bawled like a baby the whole way thru it..but I couldnt stop watching either. Bless those families..and I thought my life was bad.
    Carlacat
  5. bejo

bejo New Member

I cry a lot too.It just seems like there are so many things you don't feel like doing with fibro.It is a lonely disease.But at the same time,it has made me a better person.I have more compassion and understanding of other people.It doesn't make up for all I've lost but it helps a little.((()))
  6. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I'm a big cry baby. my sisters. parents, friends and husband get an ear ful. plus I whine, drives people crazy. However I make alot of people laugh. I'm not depressed I just get really scared. But I adore people and I'm not lonely because I always have someone around. This is one of my prayers. I ask the Lord to send people in my path and he does. my friends sometimes get a little shocked when they see me. hair sticking up and all. My father will say " you look good, whose your undertaker".. wise guy
    Love Lisa
  7. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Yesterday was bad, i just couldnt stop. I have become so depressed i think that scares me more than the illness itself.

Shazzy

8. mapessd

mapessd New Member

I to can cry at the drop of a dime .. There are some songs i here that after the first two notes my daughter will say here she goes again and the tears just fly out of me .. i cry if theres pain and if there is no pain I JUST DON"T KNOW WHY
    TC & Tender Hugs to All
    Sue
  9. klutzo

klutzo New Member

The first few years I cried so much, I think I used up my lifetime supply of tears. I've been sick for 17 yrs. now and seem to be unable to cry, no matter what the circumstance. This scares me more than crying too much.
    Klutzo
  10. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

I cry so much lately. It seems like I have PMS 24/7!!! Every little thing sends me off. I'll even cry for no reason at all. I feel like such a freak. If I was around someone like me I'd be like "Get over it!" Just kidding. Things have just been so bad lately, I am just so over-emotional. I have faith that it will get better someday. And I thank God everyday that I have people around to cry to who will help lift me up. I am very blessed.

Kathryn
  11. afeni

afeni New Member

Hi
    I find that I cry alot lately. For a long time I only let myself cry tears of anger, because I didn't want to feel sorry for myself. Then, suddenly I guess I had come to a point where I needed to grieve, now I cannot seem to stop.

It is scarey sometimes. But you know what, You have to let the pain out. And holding it in only makes you more ill. So, I say, cry, if you need to. But, talk to someone, and maybe think about anti-depression meds. We all seem to need them sometimes.

Its only natural with all that we must go through. And we just have to pick ourselves up, sometimes thats all we can do.

Keep your head up, and don't lose faith. Sometimes thats all wev'e got.

~~~lol~~~afeni
  12. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I don't cry very often. Like some others were saying "at the drop of a hat". I'm not that bad, my depression has lifted somewhat. Today, however, I cried for a minute or so standing at the sink. I'd just come back from a 2 hour Walmart trip, when my hip started to flare really bad. I cried because it hurt, but mostly because I know that this flare will last for a few days at the least and I'll barely be able to walk until it subsides. I'm just so tired.....
    Around PMS time, if I'm having a bad day or a flare, then yes I will cry then, too.

Sorry you're so down. Depression is inevitable with this DD. Hopefully you can get help. SAM-E and Fish oil are both good for lifting your mood.
  13. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I don't think there's a day that's gone by that I haven't cried. I hate crying in front of my husband - he gets upset - not that I'm crying, but that I have to go through all this. There have been times when he's literally cried with me. I take an anitdepressent but I still cry. I think I, too, am grieving for my old self. I want her back so bad.

Hang in there. That's what I'm trying to do. Some friend of mine knows what I've been going through & she sent me a very humbling email - the last sentence being "If God brings you to it - He will bring you through it". When I'm having a real bad day, I just think of that - it helps me.

Good luck..........Kathi
  14. kadeedidit

kadeedidit New Member

I cry everyday. I cry for my lost health and all the things I can't do anymore. I cry for my child that has this disease......we both have FM and I have Lupus .......just hoping she doesn't end up with that to.
    I cry because I hurt and i'm always tired. I cry because I can't figure out how to live with this disease. I want to feel normal. I don't know what that feels like and I doubt i'll ever get to again BUT.......life goes on and we all have to make the best of every day we have. I try to get up and put a smile on my face and live life as best I can. You cannot let this disease control your life......Hang in there Shazzy.....we're all survivors......HUGGLES, KADEE
  15. goingslowlycrazy

goingslowlycrazy New Member

I cry out of sheer frustration...at what I can't do anymore. I sit and look at the mess and cry because that's not how I want our home to be, and I cry because I hate nagging the children to help out, and I cry because my partner is SO good at helping out - and because I can see how tired he is.
    And I cry because I am not the woman he fell in love with and although I try so hard - I am scared she may never come back...and I feel it is so hard on him to be landed with me...although he tells me that is rubbish.
    I cry because I am watching my life slip by, day by day, and I am leaving virtually no imprint on it.
    But the strangest thing is, although this sounds like I am crying loads, I really don't cry very often, not about this DD. When I do cry - it is about all of those things, all at once. I feel very foggy a lot of the time and am so exhuasted from feeling rotten, that sometimes crying is just too much effort.
    I DO cry over cheesy adverts and sad Oprah shows..................maybe that is an outlet.
    hugs
    Mary x
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2003]
  16. turtis

turtis New Member

allof the time while i think of the only job that i liked that i lost...about how my family is suffering bbecuse i cant work and have 1000sonds in doctor bills and when the pain goes right through my pain med and while i speak to GOD and he reminds me of the eternal life that his son gave me and all of the suffering that he did for me and i stop but i am still a little sad.

turtis
  17. tansy

tansy New Member

when I've overdone things mentally ie pushed against my cognitive impairment and mental fatigue.

It's a warning sign for me and better classified as emotional lability. It's usually accompanied with, or followed by, frazzled fatigue.

Having had this condition severely for a very long time I find that any other tears come about through sheer fustration.

When things are at their worst and I'm barely functioning there are few tears. Amazing this 'cos I feel dreadfully low.

I've ended up physically disabled, not just through pain and fatigue, so I wholly understand how you feel.

The only way I get by is by concentrating upon making improvements and changes that enhance my quality of life.

Sounds somple doesn't it but I know only too well how hard this can be.

However, I am able to appreciate things others take for granted, and being able to do sometimes just the smallest task can give me such a lift. People without our problems just miss out completely on feeling joy over simple things.

I do have people who are there for me when I need them and when I can cope with the accompaning verbal exchange. They just except me for who I am and how I am at any given time. No sympathy, I don't want that, but they do empathise with my frustrations and pain.

We all need some kind of support system, but I make sure mine is as reciprocal as possible. I also don't expect people to truly understand how ill etc I feel, it's just beyond others comprehension.

Consider yourself hugged

Tansy
  18. grannyofalot

grannyofalot New Member

I'm in a major flare and I'm tired from not much sleep, and my baby boy left for the Army today till Aug. 1st. I guess I should admit that this baby is 22 and married with a pregnant wife, but that still makes him MY baby! Sorry... had to vent, too! My husband has no sympathy for this DD or my crying or feelings, so I usually try to do my serious boo-hooing when he is at work... DARN if he didn't decide he was sick and come home early today! So, will some of y'all do my crying for me tonight? THANKS! Granny
  19. Peppie

Peppie New Member

Dear Shazzy,

Oh Yes! I was diagnosed with CFIDS in January (had it about 7 months now) and I cry on a daily basis. I feel that I have lost my life, too, and just can't believe that this is for the rest of my life. I have talked with a couple of others with the illness who have each had it for 10 and 20 years, and have only heard how the symptoms just get worse.
    On top of that, I have had an appointment with Dr. Jay Goldstein in Orange, Calif. who runs the Chronic Fatigue Institute for 2 months now and has apparently helped many people with their symptoms, and received a call from them last week saying he was retiring due to a sudden illness. No referrals, no one taking over his practice, nothing! So now the only little hope I have had is squashed as well. I wish I could give you some brighter, optimistic words of comfort, but maybe it helps knowing you are not crying alone.

Anyway, I do wish you well.

Warmly, Peppie
  20. NancyB19

NancyB19 New Member

Wow CraftyJody-I feel the exact same way!