Do you ever feel like pain is "in your bones"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by steach, Sep 1, 2009.

1. steach

steach Member

Hi My Friends-

Do you ever feel that you have pain in your bones when you have FM?

My rheumy dx osteoarthritis in my hands- could it be spreading to the rest of my body? Even in the "soft tissue" places?

I have been doing alot of work at home, such as painting my living room, etc., and afterwards, I pay for days. I feel like every muscle, tissue, and bone in my body hurts.

2. HarleyRidingGal

HarleyRidingGal New Member

Hi Steach!

I'm new to this message board and saw your post and thought I would respond.

Being a piano player, of course where did the arthritis show up first? In my wrists! This was in my mid 20s. It did seem to spread to other joints over the years. My knee, my hip, my back and my neck. At the time, I was told that more than likely once diagnosed with arthritis, it would eventually spread. I don't know if that statement is correct, medically, but I do know that has been my experience over the years. Almost like an opportunity for it to go to other places in the body.

I'm unsure if the pain we feel like that is osteo. Sometimes it feels like I want to jump out of my skin, like a neuropathy-type of pain. It feels stabbing but inside my bones.

I'm so sorry that you have this type of pain.

There are different ways that I, myself, deal with this type of pain and I'm sure that others have their ways as well. Sometimes it lasts for minutes and other times for a few days.

When I can, I try like the dickens to use mind over matter and keep myself occupied. Not "busy work" types of things but just a simple cartoon or a funny movie or even talking on the telephone. It just seems as though if I clean or try something physical, my mind only concentrates more on the pain.

Trying to describe it to someone else just seems impossible because it's not a true muscle pain, or joint pain and not even "under the skin" type of pain. Is that what you mean? Or is it a neuropathy-type of pain? Do you have that as well?

Early on, my doctor sent me to a neurologist for testing and like so many other neurologists back then, had no clue about fibromyalgia and gave me a high dose of neurontin which did nothing for me. She basically just gave up.

I currently have an excellent pain management doctor who has been trying really hard to try and help with the "soft tissue places" type of pain in my back and how it relates to my FM. If I get any good information, I will definitely pass it along because some days, it drives me cuckoo-for-cocoa-puffs.

I'm so sorry you have this type of pain. Just know that there is someone else out there that feels it too and I definitely sympathize with how you feel. You are definitely not alone.

I send you lots of hugs.

3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

When I was on Xithromax in 2006, after a few months on it, all that bone pain went away, but only as long as I stayed on the antibiotic. I know exactly the pain you are talking about. It's like the meat on all the bones hurts. I suspect it's Lyme or some other bacteria because there's no way the Xithromax would have made me feel better with that unless it was. There's something going on. But the relief didn't last. The side effects of Xithromax were so bad, I went off them after four months. And the pain is back.
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I now live with this about 20 out of every 24 hours. If you want to discuss it more just let me know.