Do you ever feel you are over supplementing?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I was surprised that I actually had a little bit of energy today (unusual) and I decided to clean out my closet.

Everyday I reach for my supplements that are located in my upper closet shelf. I guess I just didn't realize how much "stuff" I take until I dragged everyting out and re-arranged all my supplements for better access.

As of right now, I take:

CoQ10 100 mg, morning
    Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, morning
    Omega 3, 1 gram, afternoon
    Chomium Picolinate 200 mcg, afternoon
    Mega Green Tea Extract (from ProHealth) evening
    Culturelle Probiotic 10 billion cells, evening
    Glucosamine and Chondroitin, evening, sometimes forget this one

And I will be starting the sleep formula from ProHealth which is Valerian Root Extract combined with Lemon Balm, that will be another two capsules 1 hour before bedtime.

The vitamin D3 is taken in high doses because my levels were very low, so with that one I do get my blood levels checked every three months.

I will also take Aleve 200 mg about twice a week for my bursitis pain.

Sometimes I feel like this is just so much, but maybe not. I still struggle with chronic pain and fatigue, maybe it would be worse if I didn't take these, but then again, maybe it wouldn't make a difference. As you probaly noticed, I do not take any prescription meds only because in the past so many of these meds had horrible side effects and just had to stop them, but believe me, I would take them if they worked and the benefits outweighed the nasty side effects, but unfortunately, this isn't the case for me.

My current problem is weight gain that I just have never been able to fully lose after taking antidepressants for 5 years, this alone has depressed me the most.

I always had chronic pain and fatigue, even when I was thinner, but at least I wasn't overweight before the drugs, which is just adding so much more misery.

My doctor is aware of everything I take except the Green Tea extract, which I just started last week on my own. Any commnets? Hugs Chelz.