Do you ever get that electric ZAP feeling? This might be why...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Nov 30, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are doing well! I have been very busy running after my little guy and boy is he growing!!!! So sorry I haven't been around much but I found something that I thought was pretty interesting and thought I would come share it with you.

I know a lot of you have complained about getting an electric shock or ZAP feeling in your head or elsewhere in your body (as well as myself!!) and I stumbled across why we might be experiencing this.

It could be a B 12 vitamin deficiency!!!! I WISH I would have bookmarked the site and got the Doctor's name who talks about this and I could just kick myself for not doing so. If I have some time tomorrow I am going to go and try to find him so I can give you his name.

Anyway, this guy also talks about how chronic pain can be helped by making sure you have the proper amounts of B 12 in your system and even tells you how to ask your doctor to check your levels. I guess you have to ask for a specific test and have them measured a certain way????

Well, I just wanted to share what I stumbled across tonight. I hope this helps someone!

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

kate
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My DO tells me that the best way, outside of B12 injections, is a liquid B complex that goes under the tongue called "B Total". It has B1 thru 12. It tastes good too.

I use to get lots of pinched nerves, which felt like electric shocks too. Simple stretches for us CFIDS people and exercise pulls displaced vertebrae back into place. Russel Gamber D.O. says you can use a tennis ball underneath a displaced vertebrae 2~5 minutes to push it back into place.

3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I had a B12 deficience about 6 years ago. I was very sick for months without knowing why until the dr finally picked it up in my bloodwork. Everyone should have this done as routine during your physical.

I had a series of injections and the dr told me to eat red meat 2 times a week. I don't really like meat, so I use the sublingual strips.

I had many of the same symptoms that I do now with the fibro, anxiousness, panic, lethary and depression. The elderly should be checked in particular as they have a more difficult time absorbing it.

Good Advice.

Sue in Ontario