Do you ever have a flash or vision of the future?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Asatrump, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I have never had a sixth sense. I read about people and see them on television , but have never experienced anything myself.

Last night we had neighbors over for coffee and cookies. The husband has stuggled greatly with cancer. Last week his treatements ended but now his ankles are swollen. Congestive heart? meds?

After they walked out the door I had a flash~~~~~~~ me running across the street in my gray bathrobe. But I was not wearing boots which I would need now with the snow.

Today I find I can't shake that "flash". Am I turning into Scrooge and seeing things?

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I have those 'visions' sometimes, and dreams that seem to be future events. And like you, it's hard to shake the flash.

I have called people in the middle of the night when this happened.

I think everyone has some level of intuition that allows us to have these flashes. But most of us ignore them.

I'm sure there will be others with great insight to your post. I am anxious to read them.

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I have always wanted more children. When I was heading toward my mid forties, I had to give up that dream. But one day I had a sort of fantasy\daydream where I was holding a little blond toddler girl on my lap and she was my grand daughter.

Well a few weeks later, I found out my son and his girlfriend were having a baby! It was a girl and she was blond as a toddler. I have never really shared this with anyone, not even Molly, but it sure was strange to me!!

I hope your neighbor will be OK.

4. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

I had a flash of insight that a dear ex-neighbor of ours was pregnant too, with a boy of her own.

Now, I knew this wasn't possible, as she'd confided about a hysterectomy several years before. So I just thought "no way."

But within a month we got an adoption announcement from them. They'd risen to the top of the adoption list after years of waiting and had gotten a darling baby boy!

Sometimes when I get these kinds of flashes they really do happen, (and I usually remember afterwards -- oh, yeah, I remember thinking/dreaming/seeing that was going to happen) and sometimes they don't happen at all. Or maybe they just haven't come true YET! :)

Best wishes,
  5. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Really intersting insights, forecasts, premonitions or whatever you choose to call them. I was relieved to hear some people had flashes of good things to come, as mine would involve a death.

Perhaps as I look across the street it is like deja vu. The house next door had sirens one night at their door. The 45 year old woman dropped dead, blood clot to the brain. So I am wondering somehow if my flash/vision is confusing the past with the future?

Thanks for sharing your stories.