Do you ever just cry?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Aug 23, 2005.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Just wondering.

Lately I have had much more depression again, and I just cry for no reason. Today I heard a song by Bob Seger from "Live Bullet" that I hadn't heard in 20 years, and it made me think about who I used to be, and I was singing along, and I just cried.

What has happened to me?? I am too young to feel this way.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I've done this since way back in my mid-twenties just because I'd feel lousy and, at that time, didn't know why. I remember that I'd get so depressed because I couldn't stand up to being "mom" and "wife." Well ....

I still do it once in a while. I think it's part of grieving for our better self, plus the DD does just plain cause depression. It's worse if you are really tired. During the times that I find myself close to tears now, it seems to coincide with total fatigue. I just crawl into bed after a hot bath to sleep it off.

We have reason to cry ...
  3. nina2

nina2 New Member

You are mourning the loss of what you once were. I spent many years doing this and sometimes I still do.

I feel as though I had gone through the stages of grief, and boy did I get stuck there in anger for a while.

Crying is a release, and even if it can't change things it certainly helps to just let go when you need to.

You tugged at my heart with the mention of Bob Seger.....so many memories come flooding back with Night Moves and Roll Me Away.

I guess we can keep our memories and look back and be grateful that we do have them.
    hugs,
    ~nina~
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't "just cry" for no reason.

I have been crying quite a bit lately, but it is when I have overdone it, resulting in me being very weak and shakey, as well as being in horrific pain (from overdoing it which a pinched nerve in my back).

It is usually when I get home from doing whatever made me overdo it, and I fall into the chair and look at my husband and just start crying.

I don't know if I can say "I am too young to feel this way," but I have so many health problems that are really flaring up right now, that I DO FEEL THIS WAY!!!!

Take care,
    Janet
  5. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

There was a time when I cried and mourned for the *me* that use to be. Now I spend a lot of time trying to measure my abilities as to whether I can make it out just to do minor errands or not.

I still have most days when I can't. My neighbors don't really ever see me, it seems as if my church family has forgotten me as I am no longer on the prayer list anymore and aside from DH, my own family seems to do their best to ignore the fact that I am no longer around.

I ask myself so often if I have brought this upon myself. But then I know this is not the life I wanted or dreamed of and I certainly don't recall putting in an order for the pain, insomnia and fatigue, let alone the cognitive problems which have left me pretty much unemployable.

So no, I don't cry anymore. I sit here or I lie here. Most days I don't answer the phone on the rare ocassion it does ring or go to the door because I don't feel that I can even speak anymore without jumbling my words or stuttering and making people think I am doped out of my head-which is wild, because there are no meds causing this. No tears here, I am numb nowadays.
  6. nina2

nina2 New Member

I know how you feel. My heart really goes out to you.
    hugs for you,
    nina
  7. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I can’t say I cry for no reason. I tend to be the opposite and I don’t know if that is healthy or not. I find that I become anxious about things from time to time; it is almost a manic state. I don’t want to be still. At other times I just want to be by myself in the peace & quite.

I do cry at movies – that is inherited from my mother – and it does seem to be a wonderful release of energy.

I laugh at Halmark cards! I love to hunt for the humerous ones!

I, personally, feel that everyone has a different way of coping and there is nothing wrong with a good cry.

Kelly
  8. Charleneyz1984

Charleneyz1984 New Member

Hi,

I cry like this alot and its usually over stupid small things! And i am 21 and often think along the lines of im too young for this also. Have you been to the doctors to see if they can help to make you feel better?

I really feel for you!

Hugs
    Charlene
  9. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

My husband thinks I'm a little crazy because sometimes I do cry with very little provocation. I also go through the grieving for what I once was, it seems like a million years ago that I was "normal" even though it has only been 5 years. Some days I feel like I'm on the edge of crying and just about anything could set me off. Occasionally after I have a good cry I feel better, like it is a good release.

I send all of you lots of happy thoughts, thank goodness we have each other to talk to on this board where we are understood.

Jessica
  10. SingFMAway

SingFMAway New Member

It seems to build up inside me. I don't even realize it sometimes, but my husband notices. "OK," he'll say. "Out with it." The words and tears start slowly and grow to a flood sometimes. It is a nice relief.

A few weeks ago I cried because I heard a piano piece on the radio that I used to be able to play.... Hearing it made me so happy at first. Kinda like, "Oh yeah! I remember that!" Then the reality sunk in.

I am also in my 20's and get really frustrated feeling as though I'm in my 60's. I have been in pain one way or another almost every day for the past 6-10 years! These are supposed to be the best years of our life!

If that's not reason to cry, I don't know what is.
  11. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

sad songs, sad movies, any memories because I cry at the drop of a hat. Many times I do not even know why I am crying, I just do.
    My depression is on the severe side but even when my meds are working I am weepy.
    Oh well, my hubby thinks it is great i watch all of the action flicks with him and I am not into "chick flicks"
    A
  12. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I'm emotional and I cry like a baby. I have avoided stuations in business because I was afraid I would cry. I especially cry when it comes to chidren and for sentimental reasons. Certain songs too! One childrens book called I love you forever makes me cry everytime. I have control over myself if I feel mad. I am very sensitive the week before my period. Lynn
  13. SingFMAway

SingFMAway New Member

...I'll like you for always
    As long as I'm living
    My baby you'll be.

I get emotional about this stuff, too, because I want children so badly!
  14. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

Before I was diagnosed I use to cry more, but not really anymore unless I hear music that touches my heart. Then it will make me start thinking about things then I will cry a bit. Music is powerful. Maybe I need to cry more. Sometimes I hurt so bad or am so tired I go out of my mind. Maybe a cry would do me some good.

Trish :)
  15. fivesue

fivesue New Member

However, I still do cry, but not for no reason...I usually cry when I'm frustrated with something...this last bout was pain, doctors, and all the junk I was living through just then.

I hate to cry because my eyes swell and my face becomes blotchy, my nose runs and my ears plug up!

So, you're not alone...hope you are feeling better by the time you read this.

Sue
  16. pepper

pepper New Member

You expressed my own thoughts and feelings so well. Now you got me crying.

I can't read "Love You Forever" without crying. I used to read it to the students all the time when I was teaching and it didn't make me cry then. Is it from getting old or from being sick? Is it from recognizing our mortality which used to seem a distant reality? I don't know.

I am not depressed - thank goodness for St. John's Wort but some things make me cry.

I spent the first few years of this illness unable to cry probably because I was on AD's. It actually feels better to be able to have a good cry now and then. As long as it doesn't become a way of life.

Pepper
  17. Angel6801

Angel6801 New Member

I'm super senstive to everything. I had been since I was born. There was times that I just sit and cry. Sometimes it just hit it off. There is some day I was fine, then other days I felt so depress. Sometimes I would go to school then with no warn, I cried in middle of class, then I hurrily rushed to restroom then found out that I could not stop... I ended up left from class. Then few days later, after the horrible symptoms flares up, I evenually felt better (emotionally). Last night I cried.. Its just something we have to go through. I think we all have bad and good days. As far for me, its hard to fit in with my deafness. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud to be deaf, its just hard to be part of hearing world and have FM at the same tme, I felt such lonely in this sitation. I think its everything together. Its help when you writing down to express how you feel. There is many time I did not konw why i cried, but, i jotted down, and when I am calm, I looked back and I did not believe it. TheN I can just move it on.
  18. mtnfla

mtnfla New Member

It has gotten to the point that anything can set me off and the water works takes over and it doesn't matter what,why,where,who or thing anymore....

Just the other day a song I use to love,just singing it made me start crying so I know what you are saying..

take care,marianne