Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cmt49829, Jan 22, 2009.

1. cmt49829

cmt49829 New Member

that's all I feel like doing right now. I have been laring doe a couple weeks. but tonight, the pain in my hands and legs and back is so awful and Im so frustrated that I cant stop crying.
    I try to hide it from my hubby, as I feel like Im such a burden already and I know I make him feel helpless when I cry form the pain.
    I guess I have no real point here, just needed to vent some.

thanks always for the encouraging words here and for lettingme vent and helping me not to feel alone in the world.
  2. quanked

quanked Member

Yes, I have at times cried over my health. My heart goes out to you cmt49829. I think your point is that you are in great pain physically and emotionally and need comfort and hope. This road some of us are on is almost intolerable at times and it overwhelms us. This state of mind seems unavoidable. What gets me through is when I remember that nothing lasts forever. Not the pain, not the joy, not mental anguish or euphoria--none of these states last forever. This fact, to me, is a blessing.

I hope your despair passes soon--just remember it will not last forever. It is just happening in the moment and it will pass.
  3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I've cried and cried and cried my eyes out over this. CFS and FMS have stolen almost everything from me and I feel like I'm constantly being tortured physically as well. Then to top it off, I'm treated like a faking malingerer by almost everyone that I know.

I find crying to be cathartic and cleansing. It feels good to mourn when losses are so big. We have every right to cry. When I get sick of crying I go into Chat here or call my hubby for some support or pray to God. I don't cry over all this nearly as much as I did the first few years I became disabled. It seems in time you reach a point of acceptance for the most part.

4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I do this much to often. I cry cause I ache, have anxiety, depression and the fatigue etc. Mostly because I have lost me and after 8 years it hasn't gotten any easier to deal with this. I awake thinking what I would like to do and realize I can't but yet know there are things I have to push myself to do then the doom and gloom sets in .

My family expects so much of me, I cry cause I can't do ,sometimes I feel if I was alone and didn't have the responsibilty I could do better but maybe not.

My husband told me yesterday that if I didn't get to a doctor and them do something I was going to die, that I just couldn't lay around all the time. Well, talk about crying.....It is impossible for me to get anyone to understand how I feel, that makes me cry. Oh, I am a crying mess.

I seem to keep a sinus infection which makes my anxiety worse and of course the crying.

Sure wish I had an answer or some encouraging words but all I can say is you are not alone..

5. loto

loto Member

Yes, i cry. i do it in private, though, so my family will not worry more about me. I think it really bothers my 18 year old son the most, when i talk about everything FM does to me. SO, i find myself hiding my problems from him.
    I pray for us all.
  6. MsE

MsE New Member

Especially when I am missing my daughter and husband, who both died last year. I put up with the aches and pains just so long, and then it is as if I feel so overwhelmed with grief of loss--loss of loved ones, loss of self--that it is just too much and I cry and cry. The pain pushes the "loss of family" button, and the "loss of Family" button pushes the pain button. But today is starting out as a good day.
  7. cmt49829

cmt49829 New Member

Im so happy that today is starting out well for you and I hope it continues all day and past that for you.

my sympathies to you for your losses .

gentle hugs
  8. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

I do feel like doing that sometimes, but I am afraid if I start, that I won't stop!

God Bless

9. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I've cried many times. I've gone through phases where I've cried at the drop of a hat - have a lump in my throat for what seems like a month.
    BUT I try not to think of this as my life being robbed of anything - it's just a new direction.
    I cry because I'm tired of hurting, I cry over guilt sometimes - I cry because I am stressed to the hilt. I often cry because I am tired.

I also cry because I am still grateful for the wonderful blessings that I do have. I can't think my life is horrible or that would diminish the good things that I have - my kids, my husband, my family. I still thank God that I can enjoy the simple things. Yes my life is very different - very hard, but I'll get through it, like we all day at a time...some days with tearstained cheeks.
  10. cmt49829

cmt49829 New Member

that is so wonderfully put.
    thank you

thank you ALL for your encouraging word and your replies.
  11. MsE

MsE New Member

Today I didn't need to cry. Today I felt happy. I had forgotten what that lightness was like. I started a very low dose estrogen a couple of days ago and I'm thinking that maybe that's what's helping. Or, it may be a fluke. But today I didn't cry.
  12. greatgran

greatgran Member

Please tell me more about the estrogen. I haven't felt right since I went off mine about the time this darn CFS started. I did try it again but didn't seem to work, maybe I didn't give it a chance. I was on the Climara patch and loved it.

So good to hear you are having a good day..

God Bless,
  13. OMG I have had more severe pain in the last couple wks that finally alone in bed this morning it was all just too much and I had a little cry. I don't cry in front of people or let them know I am in pain, weird but thats me.

I am now reading a book on the miracle of msm and hoping it helps me. I am planning on getting some soon. It almost sounds too good to be true. But drs. are no help so why not try a natural supplement.
  14. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I am like Janalynn. I will go for months and months being all stoic and fine and then I will walk around for a month with a big old lump in my throat morning, noon and night. I cry all the way to work because I am in so much pain, I can't shake the cloudy headed feeling and i know it will be a nightmare, I walk around trying to keep the tears out of my eyes so that nobody will notice that I am crying and I go home and weep all evening.....I think that it is good for the soul to let it out. We can't keep up all that we have to do every single day, the loneliness that this disease causes us, the lack of a normal social life, realizing how many bills we have forgot to pay because we are so foggy, deal with our loved ones not getting it and making us feel like they don't care and not cry. Crying is a huge release for me and usually when I get done with this cycle I do not feel better physically but I do feel better mentally ready to put my "armor" back on and face the world and this horrible disease.
    Hang in there and keep crying if you have to nobody said we have to be brave every single day! :)

15. tut90

tut90 Member

Sometimes I'm in so much pain that even though I don't want to cry, I just do, I can't help it. I write alot, I'm on my second journal, I was diagnosed around August 2008. I write about how I slept, how my day is going, what new supplements I have started, and what makes me feel better. I find that writing helps me out, because with this DD, I think it's very hard for people to understand what we are going through. It's my believe that only the people that are going through the same thing, really understand.

16. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I also go quite a while (almost months with no tears) and then they come flooding out. Guess it's good to get them out. I try and be strong 90% of the time and 10% of the time--I just have to let go.

One day at a time, right:)
  17. Smurfette17

Smurfette17 New Member

I just spent the entire weekend crying, it feels. Yesterday marked exactly 1 year that I fell ill (I had a sudden-onset).

I hate when people tell me not to cry-- crying is good, it's allowed and it's normal. I know that I am grieving because in some ways my illness is still "new". I only recently accepted that it is long-term (I kept thinking I'd be better in just a few short months). But just because I accepted that fact, doesn't mean I'm not still grieving the loss of my body and life.

Crying is ok!!! We have every right to feel angry and sad.